Residence permit

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Peach7

Residence permit

Post by Peach7 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:32 pm

Hello everyone! =) I'm from Tunisia, married to a Finnish, and I will be having my interview for the residence permit pretty-soon.
It would be quite helpful if anyone who had a similar experience could share here how it went for them, what kind of questions to expect, and how long would that interview last =)
And also, I've been wondering about the possibility of visiting my husband in Finland during the time the residence permit application is pending? (the processing time of the residence permit will certainly be so long (around 9 months according to the Migri website), that's why I'm hoping that we can meet during that time already)
I have to mention that I have applied for two visas before our marriage and they were both refused. Would it make sense to apply for a visa -if that's possible in the first place- to visit my husband during the residence permit process?

kiitos =)

Residence permit

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Residence permit

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:52 am

Peach7 wrote:And also, I've been wondering about the possibility of visiting my husband in Finland during the time the residence permit application is pending? (the processing time of the residence permit will certainly be so long (around 9 months according to the Migri website), that's why I'm hoping that we can meet during that time already)
I have to mention that I have applied for two visas before our marriage and they were both refused. Would it make sense to apply for a visa -if that's possible in the first place- to visit my husband during the residence permit process?
You opened previous threads around pretty much the same topic so I don't think there's much to add. The two processes are separate and the only thing to lose by applying for a visa is the cost and time involved.