Fancy a pint anyone?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
antj

Fancy a pint anyone?

Post by antj » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:32 am

I'm moving to Tampere from England in July and wondered if there is anyone in the area who would be up for meeting a complete stranger for a pint? Hopefully be able to give me some tips on living in the area. :D

Fancy a pint anyone?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Andy_UK

Post by Andy_UK » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:13 pm

Hey, lucky you!!

Hopefully I won't be far behind you! Planning to be there by the end of August. Would be great to meet up sometime.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!!

karen

Post by karen » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:32 pm

Good grief! Is there going to be anyone left in England?!!

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:05 pm

Tadpole'sMommy wrote:Good grief! Is there going to be anyone left in England?!!
I dunno, but at the present rate of population loss, and with them all apparently coming HERE, I may have to reconsider my personal ban on ever going back there... :)

lanshih

Post by lanshih » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:47 am

be wellcome!

tell me when you are here, and lets go for that pint!

:twisted:

luoto

Post by luoto » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:49 pm

Finland does appear to be a popular destination for many Brits (of both sexes) for some reason, and it isn't just working for Nokia either.

And fortunately, there are not too many Brits in the "06" telephone area :-) After all, one might meet up with those one hopes to have left back "home."

lanshih

Post by lanshih » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:52 am

some from ireland say that they drink here like home
:twisted:

tampereblue

Post by tampereblue » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:14 pm

Andy_UK wrote:Hey, lucky you!!

Hopefully I won't be far behind you! Planning to be there by the end of August. Would be great to meet up sometime.
Hey Andy

Look me up when you get here. I came over from Brighton to Tampere in January this year, and am loving it. The exodus continues.

Make

Post by Make » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:53 pm

charliebass wrote:
Andy_UK wrote:Hey, lucky you!!

Hey Andy

Look me up when you get here. I came over from Brighton to Tampere in January this year, and am loving it. The exodus continues.
Hey guys, I'm moving to Tampere as well... End of July I'll get married and I'll stay.

Mark

mono

Post by mono » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:52 pm

Hey there, I'll be moving from Scotland to Tampere in July too. If you fancy a pint i'll happily meet up.

acwan

Post by acwan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:18 pm

5 Brits moving to Tampere and counting... What's going on up there that the rest of us are missing out on? :lol:

Lefty

Post by Lefty » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:35 pm

don't forget me! though I will be living in Pirkkala, I will spend my time in Tampere doing my work! I will need a pint (make that several) from what I've been advised, and the changes I'll be making to my life I'll have to drown my sorrows in drink :(

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:16 am

<preacher>
but lefty, you claimed you are christian, christians in Finland are the old ladies in church, singing off key and waiting of death. Any such christian in Finland is going to be for prohibition - no christains allowed to the pub. you really need to figure out the reality of these old ladies, church = no alcohol
</preacher>
Last edited by Hank W. on Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

antj

Nice one guys!!!

Post by antj » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:24 am

Hey guys
Just seen the responses to my original posting. Seems like there's a lot of thirsty people out there! It's good to know there's some friendly faces out there. As I'm sure you can all imagine, it can't be easy moving to a new country where you know virtually no one.
Nice one!!! :D

Lefty

Post by Lefty » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:17 am

Hank W wrote
but lefty, you claimed you are christian, chrietian in Finland is the old ladies in church, singing of key and waiting of death. any christian in Finland is going tobe for prohibition - no christains allowed to the pub. you really need to figure out your reality. church = no alcohol
Not necessarily. being Christian does not mean no alcohol. We are very much allowed to take alcohol, but it is being drunk where the problem arises. If you are drunk and you sin, then alcohol is the problem. But if you can control your intake of alcohol and not get drunk, or not sin whilst drunk then you are fine. In Biblical times wine was used for celebratory purposes and the Bible also teaches of the time Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding this was a demonstration of his pwer and he did not mean it so that people would sin, but enjoy the celebrations.

Some Christians choose not to drink alcohol so that they are not lead into temptation because they do not know their limits. I for example don't drink at all. Maybe I can have a non alcoholic beverage instead?