Cambodian getting married to finnish

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
betelgeuse

Re: Cambodian getting married to finnish

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:25 am

podzap wrote:Maybe you should actually try visiting one and find out. They have card readers at every reception window in every hospital in this country. Precisely for those people who don't have kela cards.
I asked city of Helsinki and they said that their hospitals do not have payment terminals.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

podzap

Post by podzap » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:28 am

betelgeuse wrote:
podzap wrote:Maybe you should actually try visiting one and find out. They have card readers at every reception window in every hospital in this country. Precisely for those people who don't have kela cards.
I asked city of Helsinki and they said that their hospitals do not have payment terminals.
Irrelevant. Get off your backside and go and visit one. I have paid for services on the spot in Marjan Sairaala, which is in Helsinki.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:43 am

podzap wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:
Irrelevant. Get off your backside and go and visit one. I have paid for services on the spot in Marjan Sairaala, which is in Helsinki.
Marian sairaala? Which was closed in 2014?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

podzap

Post by podzap » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:30 am

Upphew wrote:Marian sairaala? Which was closed in 2014?
Yep. I fell down the stairs and got a nasty long cut on the front of my leg. Had to get stitches.

There were people there who were denied service because they did not have Kela cards, their condition was not serious and they couldn't pay on the spot for one reason or another.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:57 pm

podzap wrote:
Yep. I fell down the stairs and got a nasty long cut on the front of my leg. Had to get stitches.

There were people there who were denied service because they did not have Kela cards, their condition was not serious and they couldn't pay on the spot for one reason or another.
Are you sure you actually visited a hospital? Usually in connection to a hospital there is municipal health center (this is the case in for example Haartman). I am not qualified to evaluate which one would deal with your problem but I would guess it's the health center (unless you come in with an ambulance etc. you start the process in the health center). I have not investigated or discussed how the payments work in health centers. As an additional note, having a kela card is not a requirement to be given municipal health care. Having a municipality of residence and getting a Kela card are covered under different rules. If they are doing things properly, they just use the Kela card to look up your status from the population register integrated city systems.

ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:27 pm

2002 I was visiting Finland the first time and got heliobacteria. I didn't have a KELA card, zilch. The local bumf*ck hospital still made a time for me and I saw the doctor, got medicine for it. I paid full price for the meds and the doctor's visit but they had no issues with me being foreign and no KELA number. They gave me a temporary one actually if I recall. They billed me like regular Finn.

But that's forever ago so don't know how it is now.

Kat

podzap

Post by podzap » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:14 am

betelgeuse wrote:
podzap wrote:

Are you sure you actually visited a hospital? Usually in connection to a hospital there is municipal health center (this is the case in for example Haartman). I am not qualified to evaluate which one would deal with your problem but I would guess it's the health center (unless you come in with an ambulance etc. you start the process in the health center). I have not investigated or discussed how the payments work in health centers. As an additional note, having a kela card is not a requirement to be given municipal health care. Having a municipality of residence and getting a Kela card are covered under different rules. If they are doing things properly, they just use the Kela card to look up your status from the population register integrated city systems.
It was an emergency room at klo 20.00, complete with ambulances pulling up to the door every few minutes ;-)

One of the guys sitting next to me while I was waiting appeared to be jacked up on heroin, and another one drunk as one could imagine. Security guards came to run them out the door a few times and they kept returning.

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:51 pm

hi,

im trying to organize this trip and hope everything would go smooth so i still have a few question to clarify:

- Should we stated the purpose of intend to marriage in invitation letter while applying for tourist visa? (note that ill apply through german embassy because no finland embassy in cambodia)
- how long would the marriage registration would take in our case as i am non-eu?
- i plan to apply for residence permit in the same trip but i still want to leave finland and come back in a few month or after residence permit would be granted, do you think there would be an issue?

thank you so much

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:12 am

- Should we stated the purpose of intend to marriage in invitation letter while applying for tourist visa? (note that ill apply through german embassy because no finland embassy in cambodia)
You shall say the real reason when applying for visa. Granting the visa is at discretion of the embassy you ask.
- how long would the marriage registration would take in our case as i am non-eu?
If you marry in Finland you will need a paper from Cambodian embassy that you can marry. Closest Cambodian embassy is in London? With tourist visa for Shengen you cannot go into UK. You need UK visa.
Once you have the paper that you can marry is matter of a week or so.
- i plan to apply for residence permit in the same trip but i still want to leave finland and come back in a few month or after residence permit would be granted, do you think there would be an issue?
As long your visa is valid you can still go and come back. You will get the visa maximum for 3 months, but it could be shorter also.

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:00 am

You shall say the real reason when applying for visa. Granting the visa is at discretion of the embassy you ask.
I heard many people said that their visa get denied because of the intention to get married in Finland and embassy think that you would not want to come back. so this make me afraid that they will not issue me a visa. but you are right. i should not try to hide any intention or my real purpose to visit Finland. i had visited Finland a few times in the past so i hope that German embassy would do me a favor to grant visa this time again.
If you marry in Finland you will need a paper from Cambodian embassy that you can marry. Closest Cambodian embassy is in London? With tourist visa for Shengen you cannot go into UK. You need UK visa.
Once you have the paper that you can marry is matter of a week or so.
This is the issue as it is super hard to grant U.K visa from Cambodia. Do you think Finland would accept document from foreign affair ministry here in Cambodia? the only documents i need to get married in Finland is only CERTIFICATE OF NON IMPEDIMENT right?

if everything go smooth in Finland, i hope to bring this marriage certificate to legalize in Cambodian Embassy in Paris as i do not have U.K visa

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:37 am

hiworld wrote:This is the issue as it is super hard to grant U.K visa from Cambodia. Do you think Finland would accept document from foreign affair ministry here in Cambodia? the only documents i need to get married in Finland is only CERTIFICATE OF NON IMPEDIMENT right?
They would. No need to go to UK.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:42 am

Do you think Finland would accept document from foreign affair ministry here in Cambodia? the only documents i need to get married in Finland is only CERTIFICATE OF NON IMPEDIMENT right?
It needs to be legalized in Cambodia foreign ministry + at a Finnish embassy in order to be legal in Finland. Document must be in English, Finnish or Swedish.

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:24 pm

It needs to be legalized in Cambodia foreign ministry + at a Finnish embassy in order to be legal in Finland. Document must be in English, Finnish or Swedish.
Really?? so i have to get my CERTIFICATE OF NON IMPEDIMENT from district office in Cambodia, translate and legalize in ministry of foreign affair and certify in Finland embassy and then bring to Finland ?? wow really long process.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:32 am

Really?? so i have to get my CERTIFICATE OF NON IMPEDIMENT from district office in Cambodia, translate and legalize in ministry of foreign affair and certify in Finland embassy and then bring to Finland ?? wow really long process.
Correct! Also make sure you have correct stamps on the document. All the inner pages of the document must have one each page the stamp having title "Seen at ..." and on the last page there shall be "Certified true copy..."

In order to have "Certified true copy..." on the last page, depends on the country where you make it the MFA must have the original signature of the person who issues the document, E.g. chef of the district office. So my suggestion is to make sure they have the signature before you leave the document for legalization. If they don't have the signature, all the stamps will be "Seen at..." and Finnish embassy may not accept it like that.

How to avoid this problem, try to use a district office from a bigger city from where is most probably some documents were legalized before.

Good luck!

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:05 pm

kiitos tavastia. i appreciate your response