Moving out of Finland while my permit is being processed?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Adabecho

Post by Adabecho » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:34 pm

I am a citizen of Kenya planning to travel to USA from Finland. (I already have the USA visa). I was expecting my extended Finnish residence permit to be given before my departure. However, the application processing time is taking longer than expected (I applied in December 2016). At the moment I working here in Finland and I don't have legal problem to stay here. My concern now is if I am allowed to board my flight to USA with my valid Kenyan passport, USA visa and confirmation of my Finnish residence permit application from Polisi. Please Help!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

werliuherdee

Re: Moving out of Finland while my permit is being processed

Post by werliuherdee » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:22 am

Hi,
I will advice you to use a flight where your first point of entry into schengen is Finland, for example, Turkish airline, since the Finnish border guard will have your application information and they will easily allow u access back into the country.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:08 pm

werliuherdee wrote:Hi,
I will advice you to use a flight where your first point of entry into schengen is Finland, for example, Turkish airline, since the Finnish border guard will have your application information and they will easily allow u access back into the country.
The border guard might not be a problem (not sure about that) but the check-in desk certainly is without the valid RP.

Oho

Post by Oho » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:05 pm