getting devorced and marrying with same person

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
saroj

Post by saroj » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:16 am

Hi,
I was married to foreigners from nepal.
we married in traditional way in nepal where i need not to show Examination of impediments to marriage proof as i was born in nepal.
i register with the old nepal id card our marriage in local registration office with which i register our marriage in maistratti in finland.
my wife applied for the residence permit but the refuse to give the RP.
saying that she is married to Nepali guy not finnish and the marrige is illegal as nepal goverment dont accept duel citizen.
Now i have to get devorced and get the Examination of impediments to marriage proof and marry again.

my question is :
1) Is there any problem with marrying the same girl twice.
2) Does it effects as her all information is recorded previously in finland.
3) If she comes here in tourist visa and we get marry in finland and she applies for residence permit, is it possible to wait for residence permit in finland or does she need to go back?

It would be veery helpful if someone suggest or reply my questions.

I have also been looking for the lawer to find solutions but havent got yet one.

If someone knows about this please do comment.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: getting devorced and marrying with same person

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:26 pm

saroj wrote: 1) Is there any problem with marrying the same girl twice.
Finnish legislation allows you to divorce and marry the same person as many times as you want.
saroj wrote: 2) Does it effects as her all information is recorded previously in finland.
The Finnish government needs to see records that prove that both are eligible to marry (so, for example, not currently married).
saroj wrote: 3) If she comes here in tourist visa and we get marry in finland and she applies for residence permit, is it possible to wait for residence permit in finland or does she need to go back?
Unless you have cohabited for two years, she is supposed to apply from abroad. However, if she applies in Finland, she can stay while the residence permit is processed and it's possible it will be given under one of the exemptions.

niceguy40

Re: getting devorced and marrying with same person

Post by niceguy40 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:27 am

are you in love?