Where can we find jobs?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
lucas89

Where can we find jobs?

Post by lucas89 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Hei,

We are two Asian travelling to Finland with a tourist visa to visit our friends and relatives. During the time here, we were supported and suggested to find jobs and get RP to settle down.
With our friends we're calling to many companies around the area to find any labor jobs that could hire us. At the same time, we are learning Finnish in a basic level.

Now I wonder where would be possibilities to seek for jobs? Can anyone advise us which websites or media or any means that we could reach for job vacancies?

Much appreciated your kind help.

Kiitos paljon!
Last edited by lucas89 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Where can we find jobs?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

irnbru

Re: Where can we find jobs?

Post by irnbru » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:06 pm

monster.fi
linkedin

dave071061

Post by dave071061 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:42 pm

You posted last month that you had been refused a tourist visa.
And even if you have one you are not allowed to work whilst in Finland on such a visa.
And there are better people here to tell you but I don´t think you can normally apply for a RP from within Finland on a tourist visa, you have to go home and apply.

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:06 pm

You need a company that will sponsor your RP application and certify and provide evidence that the job requires skills that you possess that they have been unable to find in any EU residents available to hire. A labor review board will also have to agree that you have unique skills that will not take potential work from other eligible job-seekers. If you meet those two requirements, then you might get an RP approved half a year or more later.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

Piet

Post by Piet » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:57 pm

Your best chance is in health care, try mol.fi

Downside for you is you need to speak some basic finnish and need the eductaion (proof) for being allowed to work in healthcare..(nurse, docter etc.)

good luck
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

QuincyGardi

Post by QuincyGardi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Sounds like you'll need to work on a visa before being able to look for jobs! Having an online Linkedin portfolio always helps.