Residence permit (family ties) processing

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
uzzdenus

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by uzzdenus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Noon wrote:Wow! congratulations to you. you are so lucky and did not have to wait for so long like some of us that are still expecting.

Wish you all the best!
Thank you so much and I sincerely wish everyone a fast process.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

CHN

Post by CHN » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:04 pm

uzzdenus wrote:Hello again everyone, I've just received a positive decision!

I'd applied on 3rd August 2017 and I feel like we got really lucky:)

In case anyone's curious about the details:

We got married in Finland in June but I applied for a RP in Turkey later on.

I attached the short-term rental contract for the apartment that we lived in when we were in Finland and e-tickets for various flights that we flew together.

I did not receive a request for any supplementary documents or an invitation to an interview.

The residence permit will become valid as of 1st November - I'd mentioned that I was willing to move to Finland on said date in the online form.

Wishing everyone the very best :beer_yum:
Congratulations
Happy for you and all the best

What you mean becomes valid 1st November

uzzdenus

Post by uzzdenus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:19 pm

CHN wrote:

I attached the short-term rental contract for the apartment that we lived in when we were in Finland and e-tickets for various flights that we flew together.

I did not receive a request for any supplementary documents or an invitation to an interview.

The residence permit will become valid as of 1st November - I'd mentioned that I was willing to move to Finland on said date in the online form.

Congratulations

Thank you! According to the decision letter, the validity of my 1 year first residence permit begins on 1st November. It's the date of entry that I'd declared in the application (I didn't expect to get my permit before November though). This is great for our plans and it saves us from losing time while waiting for the card to arrive.

CHN

Post by CHN » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:20 pm

uzzdenus wrote:
CHN wrote:

Congratulations

Thank you! According to the decision letter, the validity of my 1 year first residence permit begins on 1st November. It's the date of entry that I'd declared in the application (I didn't expect to get my permit before November though). This is great for our plans and it saves us from losing time while waiting for the card to arrive.
Thanks for clarification

CHN

Post by CHN » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi All
Does anyone know if you apply by paper, what happens?

I was informed that they contact or inform by Post. lf they need additional information they will ask by Post.

My question, if it is processed, what is sent by Post, notification or card.
Most of the posts l have seen l think from people with online application

Is the card sent or they send notification first

l have no idea what happens, does anyone have info or experience.
Appreciated

Serene

Post by Serene » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Hei,

I have some questions about the processing of residence permits based on family ties. I am working in Finland for the past few years. In early May 2017, my wife applied for her residence permit in a Finnish Embassy abroad. We submitted all the required documents with the application. It has been nearly five months and still we haven't heard anything from the Finnish Immigration authority. The migri.fi gives us the impression that there is an a queue of applications but I am quite perplexed by their approach. I have noticed that some of the members on this forum have submitted applications in early 2017 and still waiting for their decisions and some lucky ones have applied just a month or so ago, and have already got their decisions. I am just so confused by whats going on here. If they can not issue permits to families of those who are staying here legally and paying taxes, then why they are not terminating our contracts and asking us to leave their country straight away instead of making us wait for their decisions. I agree that nobody owes anybody anything and we are after all, foreigners here but atleast migri should consider us equal and process our applications in the same way as they treat the applications of rp by a spouse of a Finnish citizen.
Admin please feel free to delete this post if it is not relevant to the forum.

Best wishes

Noon

Post by Noon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Serene wrote:Hei,

I have some questions about the processing of residence permits based on family ties. I am working in Finland for the past few years. In early May 2017, my wife applied for her residence permit in a Finnish Embassy abroad. We submitted all the required documents with the application. It has been nearly five months and still we haven't heard anything from the Finnish Immigration authority. The migri.fi gives us the impression that there is an a queue of applications but I am quite perplexed by their approach. I have noticed that some of the members on this forum have submitted applications in early 2017 and still waiting for their decisions and some lucky ones have applied just a month or so ago, and have already got their decisions. I am just so confused by whats going on here. If they can not issue permits to families of those who are staying here legally and paying taxes, then why they are not terminating our contracts and asking us to leave their country straight away instead of making us wait for their decisions. I agree that nobody owes anybody anything and we are after all, foreigners here but atleast migri should consider us equal and process our applications in the same way as they treat the applications of rp by a spouse of a Finnish citizen.
Admin please feel free to delete this post if it is not relevant to the forum.

Hello!
I dont think the permit is granted swiftly because they are spouses of finnish citizens, i think every case is uniquely different. I am a spouse of a finnish citizen and i am still awaiting my decision; my interview was febuary this year. I just hope it wont take so much longer to get it, we just have to be patient.

Best wishes

CHN

Post by CHN » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Hello Everyone
Everyone's gone quiet, things were moving a week ago, few posts were promising, crossing fingers everyday. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Need to clarify few things if someone can advise please

What happens after Migri Decision?????

1. Migri makes decision.
2. They send Card or Decision first???
3. If they send decision, how long before card is received.
4. Can you re-enter after decision or card, as I am currently in Finland and have to leave for something critical.
5. Then take card to Maistratti, to change address, I heard it takes One month to change address, due to too much workload.
6. Where does Kela get in the picture, after Maistrati or after Migri.

This thing is taking too long, and I have to leave for something critical. Was hoping this thing to be over in 6 months, it's seventh month. There is no visibility at all, how much longer it's going to take. It says 9 months, but some have been waiting longer. Before we were relying on weekly update on last years cases, which was refreshing, but has stopped since Mid June.
Heard Migri, will not send card abroad, but I can give attorney to someone to receive it from the Post.

7. If decision is sent before the card (if there is such a thing in the process), can a person enter with that, or needs the card?

So many questions, and I am going nuts, let's start the discussion and see where it ends.

Thank you all and of course Good Luck

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:33 am

CHN wrote:5. Then take card to Maistratti, to change address, I heard it takes One month to change address, due to too much workload.
Wtf? You go to www.posti.fi/changeaddress/ or fetch the form from the post office or local register office (maistraatti), fill it and submit it. Dunno about a month, I did mine online and it was done right there and then.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

CHN

Post by CHN » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:58 am

Upphew wrote:
CHN wrote:5. Then take card to Maistratti, to change address, I heard it takes One month to change address, due to too much workload.
Wtf? You go to http://www.posti.fi/changeaddress/ or fetch the form from the post office or local register office (maistraatti), fill it and submit it. Dunno about a month, I did mine online and it was done right there and then.
Hi Upphew,
Thank you for your response and info.

I checked on website, to change address on-line on Maistraatti.
It forwards to Posti, where Chip ID is needed, or Bank account Log-in credentials to Register for the service.
As for paper submission, I have been to Maistratti, myself, and they said you can only change Domicile, once you get RP., and they informed me its taking weeks, and to consider a month.
Is there anything I am missing in regards to On-line registration for Post registration or change of address process.

Kindly advise if you need more info, or am I missing something (send me the link, or step), Please advise if further clarification is needed.

Thank you

nosundays

Post by nosundays » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Yeah you cannot change the address online without verification (banking details or mobile verification) which foreigners do not have when they get RP.

You get the RP after 3 weeks when you have received the decision.

You'll need to go to Maistraatti and register -- that will happen instantly as they will just insert your information in the database. It does not take a month to process it. However, you cannot register without the RP card.

After you've registered at Maistraatti, you can apply for social security at Kela. The process is much smoother online, so if you can try to get ID verification from the mobile company the day you register so you can use your mobile number for ID verification and apply online for social security.

You will not belong to Finnish social security until you're registered in a Finnish municipality. My spouse and I were considering of submitting the paper documents prior to his arrival, but they would had seen from the database that he does have a Finnish social security number but no residence and would had probably rejected our application.

CHN

Post by CHN » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:51 pm

nosundays wrote:Yeah you cannot change the address online without verification (banking details or mobile verification) which foreigners do not have when they get RP.

You get the RP after 3 weeks when you have received the decision.

You'll need to go to Maistraatti and register -- that will happen instantly as they will just insert your information in the database. It does not take a month to process it. However, you cannot register without the RP card.

After you've registered at Maistraatti, you can apply for social security at Kela. The process is much smoother online, so if you can try to get ID verification from the mobile company the day you register so you can use your mobile number for ID verification and apply online for social security.

You will not belong to Finnish social security until you're registered in a Finnish municipality. My spouse and I were considering of submitting the paper documents prior to his arrival, but they would had seen from the database that he does have a Finnish social security number but no residence and would had probably rejected our application.
Hi RestoftheWeek :D
Thank you for your time and Guidance, appreciated
1. Decision Notification
2. RP Card after three weeks
3. Register at Maistraatti with RP Card, should do it there and then (l went myself, lady said 2 -3 weeks).
4. Register with Kela On-line

One point l need clarification "if you can try to get ID verification from the mobile company the day you register so you can use your mobile number for ID verification and apply online for social security."

Please explain this more, why and how...
what is ID verification?
Social security is Kela, right, so how ID verification works for Kela, and why mobile company, please elaborate

l guess after Kela that's it, is it other than the Bank account

Thank you again

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:07 pm

nosundays wrote:My spouse and I were considering of submitting the paper documents prior to his arrival, but they would had seen from the database that he does have a Finnish social security number but no residence and would had probably rejected our application.
There is no social security number in Finland. It's a personal identity code. The distinction is important because you can have a personal identity code and not be covered by Finnish social security.

Fati

Post by Fati » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Hello Guys, Today I got my decision granted the residence permit:D hopefully you will get the decision soon :wink:

uzzdenus

Post by uzzdenus » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:35 pm

Fati wrote:Hello Guys, Today I got my decision granted the residence permit:D hopefully you will get the decision soon :wink:
Congratulations, I’m so happy for you!

How long did you wait for the permit?

Best of luck :thumbsup: