Residence permit (family ties) processing

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Fati

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Fati » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:06 pm

CHN wrote:
Fati wrote:I applied on 9th of March, still there is no news...

I applied 14th March, have not heard anything either. Update us, once you get any news, will do the same.

All the best

Sure...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Fin1986

Post by Fin1986 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:40 am

Hi . I have applied for My wife and Kid on 21.02.2017 customer number was created the same day but still Waiting for processing . I am a Finnish citizen and i have asked them once but still no reply .... any updates for people who applied in February 2017 ..

CHN

Post by CHN » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:50 am

Fin1986 wrote:Hi . I have applied for My wife and Kid on 21.02.2017 customer number was created the same day but still Waiting for processing . I am a Finnish citizen and i have asked them once but still no reply .... any updates for people who applied in February 2017 ..

Check few posts back ( previous page )

Someone applied in February got processed already

uzzdenus

Post by uzzdenus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:10 pm

I applied for my residence permit on 3rd August and the processing has started. As much delighted as we are , I'm a bit surprised as I've read about many applications waiting to be processed for several months. I wish the best of luck to all of us :beer_yum: Here's my log so far:

3.8.2017 We have received your application and it is pending.
22.8.2017 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
22.8.2017 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at http://www.migri.fi
23.8.2017 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
Last edited by uzzdenus on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Noon

Post by Noon » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:56 pm

Wow! you are really lucky, i sent in my application January this year and my interview February and i am still waiting although the processing began this week.
If i may ask is it your first RP application?

Thanks.

uzzdenus

Post by uzzdenus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:39 pm

Noon wrote:Wow! you are really lucky, i sent in my application January this year and my interview February and i am still waiting although the processing began this week.

Thanks.
Yes, it's my very first application and I applied in my home country. I'm curious to see what happens next and I'll update my post regularly.

CHN

Post by CHN » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 am

uzzdenus wrote:I applied for my residence permit on 3rd August and the processing has started. Asmuch delighted as we are , I'm a bit surprised as I've read about many applications waiting to be processed for several months. I wish the best of luck to all of us :beer_yum: Here's my log so far:

3.8.2017 We have received your application and it is pending.
22.8.2017 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
22.8.2017 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at http://www.migri.fi
23.8.2017 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.

Wow
Congratulations, Happy for you

please keep us updated

CHN

Post by CHN » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:33 am

Noon wrote:Wow! you are really lucky, i sent in my application January this year and my interview February and i am still waiting although the processing began this week.

Thanks.

Wishing you the Best

Please keep us posted on regular basis, once the process is complete and when you get your Card

Thank you

Noon

Post by Noon » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:14 am

Hello all!

New Updates;
My spouse received a mail from migri this week and additional questions were asked on a form, (that was how we knew processing had begun).
Almost similar questions were asked with the RP application forms
so he filled the new form and submitted them yesterday.
Migri acknowledged receipt of mail.

Now we are waiting for decision,(this is making it hard for me to concentrate at work :D i am so jittery )

good luck to us all!

uzzdenus

Post by uzzdenus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:31 am

CHN wrote:

Thanks.

Wishing you the Best

Please keep us posted on regular basis, once the process is complete and when you get your Card

Thank you
Thank you! I'll update regularly.

uzzdenus

Post by uzzdenus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:35 am

Noon wrote:Hello all!

New Updates;
My spouse received a mail from migri this week and additional questions were asked on a form, (that was how we knew processing had begun).
Almost similar questions were asked with the RP application forms
so he filled the new form and submitted them yesterday.
Migri acknowledged receipt of mail.

Now we are waiting for decision,(this is making it hard for me to concentrate at work :D i am so jittery )

good luck to us all!
That's good news, It's indeed hard to focus on anything when you or your spouse have a pending residence permit application:) Please keep us updated!

Fin1986

Post by Fin1986 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:07 pm

New Updates on My Spouse Residence Permit application.....

My Spouse has receive a Supplement request in which there are 19 questions . there are two documents for me as well ... we have already sent the reply .... i hope we can get it soon as its been a long wait..

CHN

Post by CHN » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:25 pm

Fin1986 wrote:New Updates on My Spouse Residence Permit application.....

My Spouse has receive a Supplement request in which there are 19 questions . there are two documents for me as well ... we have already sent the reply .... i hope we can get it soon as its been a long wait..
Thanks for the update

wishing you the best, sooon

lunamud

Post by lunamud » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:25 pm

I've been checking this thread to see others experiences and thought that I would share mine here as well - especially since it seems to be different than others.

I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Finland at the end of May. I married my husband on July 1st. This is my record from Migri:

7/26/2017 We have received the processing fee for your application.
7/26/2017 We have received your application and it is pending.
8/2/2017 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
8/2/2017 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at http://www.migri.fi
8/31/2017 A decision has been made on your application.
8/31/2017 The decision can be read on your user account.
8/31/2017 You have received the decision.

I have been granted a permit for 1 year.

I also wanted to add that there is a lot of negativity on this site about moving to Finland and finding jobs. In fact, as I've seen in many other cases, I was told quite rudely that I would not find a job and if I did I would be lucky to be cleaning toilets. I casually contacted one potential employer that wasn't even hiring around the beginning of this year and sent them my resume. They showed interest and when I visited my fiance in March, I paid them a visit. Since then, I e-mailed with the director every few months just to keep in touch. Earlier this week, I received contact from them asking if I had received my decision yet because they had an opening. Given, the job pays less than I was making in the US, but I also never got a job that easily in the US. I sent out about 30+ resumes to places all over the country that were advertising openings before I got my last job. Don't let the negativity on this site bring you down.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:30 pm

I also wanted to add that there is a lot of negativity on this site about moving to Finland and finding jobs. In fact, as I've seen in many other cases, I was told quite rudely that I would not find a job and if I did I would be lucky to be cleaning toilets. I casually contacted one potential employer that wasn't even hiring around the beginning of this year and sent them my resume. They showed interest and when I visited my fiance in March, I paid them a visit. Since then, I e-mailed with the director every few months just to keep in touch. Earlier this week, I received contact from them asking if I had received my decision yet because they had an opening. Given, the job pays less than I was making in the US, but I also never got a job that easily in the US. I sent out about 30+ resumes to places all over the country that were advertising openings before I got my last job. Don't let the negativity on this site bring you down.
And what is your profession? Most of the cases people talk here about coming without any qualifications, or with qualifications which requires 100% Finnish language, not speaking the language, then is close to impossible to find anything without someone helping at least the 1st job.

... and welcome to Finland :)