Residence permit (family ties) processing

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
CHN

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by CHN » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:37 pm

lunamud wrote:I've been checking this thread to see others experiences and thought that I would share mine here as well - especially since it seems to be different than others.

I'm a US citizen. I arrived in Finland at the end of May. I married my husband on July 1st. This is my record from Migri:

7/26/2017 We have received the processing fee for your application.
7/26/2017 We have received your application and it is pending.
8/2/2017 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
8/2/2017 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at http://www.migri.fi
8/31/2017 A decision has been made on your application.
8/31/2017 The decision can be read on your user account.
8/31/2017 You have received the decision.

I have been granted a permit for 1 year.

I also wanted to add that there is a lot of negativity on this site about moving to Finland and finding jobs. In fact, as I've seen in many other cases, I was told quite rudely that I would not find a job and if I did I would be lucky to be cleaning toilets. I casually contacted one potential employer that wasn't even hiring around the beginning of this year and sent them my resume. They showed interest and when I visited my fiance in March, I paid them a visit. Since then, I e-mailed with the director every few months just to keep in touch. Earlier this week, I received contact from them asking if I had received my decision yet because they had an opening. Given, the job pays less than I was making in the US, but I also never got a job that easily in the US. I sent out about 30+ resumes to places all over the country that were advertising openings before I got my last job. Don't let the negativity on this site bring you down.

Congratulations
that was quick, Good for you

Is the period of residence different for different people, as u mentioned you have been granted for one year

also Good luck with your New Job

all the Best

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

nosundays

Post by nosundays » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:20 pm

My spouse also got a permit for a year. He's Indian.

He's moving to Finland in October and I'm a bit worried, wondering how he will adjust as he is lawyer by profession and heh, you cannot really do much with that degree in Finland if you don't speak Finnish/Swedish. But I hope things will work out for him.

Fin1986

Post by Fin1986 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Hi. any one know how much time it takes when you submit the supplement request like in my case they asked 19 questions about my spouse for decsion.. ?

Noon

Post by Noon » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Fin1986 wrote:Hi. any one know how much time it takes when you submit the supplement request like in my case they asked 19 questions about my spouse for decsion.. ?

I do not think there is a specific time frame indicated for that i am not sure though, my spouse also submitted supplementary questions/answers two weeks ago, all we have to do is wait for a decision, which is really nerve racking, i also want to ask any one here who knows, how are the decisions communicated for those who applied non-electronically? Do they send an email to to the applicant and spouse? or do they send the decision by post to only the spouse who resides in Finland?

Thanks and good luck to us all.

uetian605

Post by uetian605 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:17 pm

Hi
Is there any spouse of Finnish citizen who applied the RP from his/her home country. how much time it is taking in your case. i have applied in May and still process has not even started.
can you share when u apply to just have an understanding what is average time going on this year.
regards

Noon

Post by Noon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:42 pm

uetian605 wrote:Hi
Is there any spouse of Finnish citizen who applied the RP from his/her home country. how much time it is taking in your case. i have applied in May and still process has not even started.
can you share when u apply to just have an understanding what is average time going on this year.
regards

Hello!
Going through the previous threads may answer most of your questions.
But anyways, i applied from my home country (i am African) ; December 2016, i sent the embassy an email and then they fixed an interview date for February 2017,
i went for my interview also in my home country and it has been on the queue since then.
last month, my spouse who is a Finnish citizen, got supplementary questions from migri which he filled and submitted within the same week. so far no news and we are still waiting.
i hope this answers some of your questions.

uetian605

Post by uetian605 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Hello
that is really insane. they cannot delay it from 9 months, it is in the law. atleast in your case, you can ask them as soon as 9 months will be completed.
this makes me real frustrated that how the hell they can be so inefficient.
:(

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:12 pm

uetian605 wrote:Hello
that is really insane. they cannot delay it from 9 months, it is in the law. atleast in your case, you can ask them as soon as 9 months will be completed.
Because you just cant hire people from street and think that they do the job just like veterans. From 3706 refugee decisions to 28000 in two years. Good luck finding organization who can cope with that.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Fati

Post by Fati » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:35 pm

I have received supplement request today, they asked me to submit some documents and they asked 16th questions. I applied 9th of march.

CHN

Post by CHN » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Fati wrote:I have received supplement request today, they asked me to submit some documents and they asked 16th questions. I applied 9th of march.
That's good news that they started the process, Congratulations !!!

What kind of questions, if not too personal. Earlier chats mentioned they were similar to what is in the application forms. will you be able to complete them quickly.

Are you supposed to mail the answers by post.

Wishing you all the Best

Fati

Post by Fati » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:56 pm

CHN wrote:
Fati wrote:I have received supplement request today, they asked me to submit some documents and they asked 16th questions. I applied 9th of march.

What kind of questions, if not too personal. Earlier chats mentioned they were similar to what is in the application forms. will you be able to complete them quickly.

Wishing you all the Best

Hello, they are only normal quoestions about me and my spouse. For example where and when we start dating, who married us who was the witnessess.

CHN

Post by CHN » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:10 am

Fati wrote:
CHN wrote:

Wishing you all the Best

Hello, they are only normal quoestions about me and my spouse. For example where and when we start dating, who married us who was the witnessess.
Thanks
All the Best, wishing you a quick process

uetian605

Post by uetian605 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Upphew wrote:
uetian605 wrote:Hello
Because you just cant hire people from street and think that they do the job just like veterans. From 3706 refugee decisions to 28000 in two years. Good luck finding organization who can cope with that.
It is not at all justified to mention the increasing workload in answer to inefficiency. The management is sleeping to forecast that their workforce is not enough to handle the matter?
if it would be a private organisation, the things will go smooth, even in this forum you can see, some people are waiting since long and some got decision despite the fact they applied very late.
In organisations, things does not work with good luck, they work with professionalism. there is transperancy in the process as well. I have never seen so inefficient department in Finland, and i have dealt with many govt departments here.
instead of defending wrong, one must try to make it right.
i dont wana argue any more on this.
cheers.

uzzdenus

Post by uzzdenus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Hello again everyone, I've just received a positive decision!

I'd applied on 3rd August 2017 and I feel like we got really lucky:)

In case anyone's curious about the details:

We got married in Finland in June but I applied for a RP in Turkey later on.

I attached the short-term rental contract for the apartment that we lived in when we were in Finland and e-tickets for various flights that we flew together.

I did not receive a request for any supplementary documents or an invitation to an interview.

The residence permit will become valid as of 1st November - I'd mentioned that I was willing to move to Finland on said date in the online form.

Wishing everyone the very best :beer_yum:

Noon

Post by Noon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Wow! congratulations to you. you are so lucky and did not have to wait for so long like some of us that are still expecting.

Wish you all the best!