Residence permit on other grounds

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
betelgeuse

Re: Residence permit on other grounds

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:06 am

PJG wrote:If you're serious about it, do well in your studies and then look to further your studies in the EU or to find employment in an EU member state, or in Australia or Canada alternatively.
I have not studied the specifics but I know both Australia and Canada have health requirements in their immigration rules.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PJG

Post by PJG » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 am

betelgeuse wrote:
PJG wrote:If you're serious about it, do well in your studies and then look to further your studies in the EU or to find employment in an EU member state, or in Australia or Canada alternatively.
I have not studied the specifics but I know both Australia and Canada have health requirements in their immigration rules.
Yes, they do. It's also possible to earn enough working in those countries (or even in the EU) to cover the heavily loaded mandatory health insurance premiums which satisfy their requirements, along with restricted residence permits to ensure the person in question doesn't later become a burden on the public healthcare services of those countries. Even in the EU for our own citizens, where someone moves to another member state and has residency approved this can be mandated, as can be the case when moving to Finland from Ireland for example on a fixed term transfer..

The point is that there are ways the OP can achieve their goal that don't involve wasting time and resources on trying to get exceptions to RP requirements using compassionate grounds. The options aren't necessarily easy or ideal for family life for instance, but there are legitimate ways to do it if they're determined enough.