Extension of family residence permit: what considered as inc

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Lilia-light

Post by Lilia-light » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi to all,

I am planning to apply for the extension of my family residence permit. The income requirements are 1700 euros. Will be the basic unemployment allowance considered as income? On the web site the information is not clearly described.

"Certain social benefits reduce the level of income demanded and are described as expense offsetting social security benefits. Such benefits are, for example: child benefit, child care support, maintenance support, educational grants, housing subsidy."

Also I am pregnant and the estimated due date is in the middle of February. My RP ends in April.. it is recommended to apply for the new one at earliest 3 months before the current ends. But what if my new RP won't be ready, and my old one will expire, does it mean that during the waiting time I wont get any support from Kela for me and for my child? (I have Kela card).

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: Extension of family residence permit: what considered as

Post by Piet » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:36 pm

Lilia-light wrote:Hi to all,

I am planning to apply for the extension of my family residence permit. The income requirements are 1700 euros. Will be the basic unemployment allowance considered as income? On the web site the information is not clearly described.

"Certain social benefits reduce the level of income demanded and are described as expense offsetting social security benefits. Such benefits are, for example: child benefit, child care support, maintenance support, educational grants, housing subsidy."

Also I am pregnant and the estimated due date is in the middle of February. My RP ends in April.. it is recommended to apply for the new one at earliest 3 months before the current ends. But what if my new RP won't be ready, and my old one will expire, does it mean that during the waiting time I wont get any support from Kela for me and for my child? (I have Kela card).
I am not sure but when you are a family with kids, doesn't the income requirements change? Like in getting 500 euro's higher? If I were you I would check this out too.

By the way, from migri page:

You can legally reside in Finland during the processing of your application, until the decision on the matter is legally valid or an enforceable decision on the removal from the country has been made.
That means any benefit you already have will probably continue until at least the decision .
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Lilia-light

Post by Lilia-light » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:06 am

Right, it should be 1700+500. With the allowance we have exactly 2200. Without, we are in troubles:) I will call to migri today and ask them, then will update the info here..may be it will useful for someone.

Lilia-light

Post by Lilia-light » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:08 am

Just called to Migri. Unemployment benefit is not considered as income

Tarja2905

Post by Tarja2905 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:48 pm

No you cannot take kela money i to your income for rp application.

san_student

Post by san_student » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:06 pm

but housing allowance count as income requirement. because when i applied for a residence permit on family ground. the lady said to me that housing allowance count as income requirement and took the kela decision paper from us.

mdn

Post by mdn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:50 am

san_student wrote:but housing allowance count as income requirement. because when i applied for a residence permit on family ground. the lady said to me that housing allowance count as income requirement and took the kela decision paper from us.
Not regarding to the question/answer, but generally - just do not believe to such goodwill ladies. They are really welcome and want to help, but the decision will be done later and by law. :D