Invitation to the police regarding residence permit decision

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
tinyoctopus

Post by tinyoctopus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:18 am

So, I applied for an extended residence permit last December, back when police handled this stuff. After application being transferred to Migri and months of waiting, yada yada, I receive a letter from the police with an invitation to meeting with a senior constable at the scheduled time. Obviously, both said constable and Migri told me they can't tell whether the decision is positive or negative by phone, so I'm left with crippling anxiety until the next week.

Did anybody here receive a similar letter? Why would they allocate time for a meeting if the decision was positive? Why the police and not mail delivery as it's stated on the website, even if the decision is negative? I've read here about a guy who was made to sign the paper consent to his refusal of entry and had his documents taken away, may this be the case? I've read the aliens act and while it does say one have a right to stay in Finland while an appeal is ongoing, it also says that refusal of entry can be imposed without waiting for the appeal to be processed, so I'm lost...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Invitation to the police regarding residence permit deci

Post by tavastia » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Some else had a similar thing: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91790

irreversible

Re: Invitation to the police regarding residence permit decision

Post by irreversible » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:10 am

tinyoctopus wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:18 am
So, I applied for an extended residence permit last December, back when police handled this stuff. After application being transferred to Migri and months of waiting, yada yada, I receive a letter from the police with an invitation to meeting with a senior constable at the scheduled time. Obviously, both said constable and Migri told me they can't tell whether the decision is positive or negative by phone, so I'm left with crippling anxiety until the next week.

Did anybody here receive a similar letter? Why would they allocate time for a meeting if the decision was positive? Why the police and not mail delivery as it's stated on the website, even if the decision is negative? I've read here about a guy who was made to sign the paper consent to his refusal of entry and had his documents taken away, may this be the case? I've read the aliens act and while it does say one have a right to stay in Finland while an appeal is ongoing, it also says that refusal of entry can be imposed without waiting for the appeal to be processed, so I'm lost...
Having exactly same thing happening to me! What kind of visa have you applied for? Student visa extension by any chance?

I have applied for mine in June 2017 via Enter Finland, same months of waiting, same refusal to give any answer (but they do that to everyone, so no problem with that). Going crazy over here as well, but in about a week I'm about to find out what is going to happen. "Vanhempi rikoskonstaapeli" indeed scared me shxtless too. :x

Will post in this thread about the result, I have also read about the dude whose passport got revoked, but if I remember correctly he entered Finland on the grounds of normal Schengen tourist visa. Any updates from your side will be very welcome.