Appeal or reapply

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Angrysoul

Appeal or reapply

Post by Angrysoul » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:45 am

I have recently been refused a RP based on family ties after 9 months of waiting and the reason given was I (applicant) don't have secure means of support whereas my spouse who is the sponsor has more than enough means of support. The Finnish immigration I think is deliberately not granting people RP because when they asked for additional information they did not ask me to provide income but by spouse and she sent everything again to them. If they had asked me I would have shown my means of support. I applied abroad and not in Finland.

I think my wife is the sponsor and she should have the secured means of support in Finland I stand to be corrected if I am wrong. Now I want to weigh by options whether to go ahead with the appeal or just ignore it and reapply. I simply don't understand because the reason given doesn't add up because EVEN IF I the applicant doesn't have secure means of support in my home country but the sponsor who is my wife does what's the big deal. I mean she has more than enough trust me. Is the Finnish immigration trying to tell us live worlds apart although we are married?

Appeal or Reapply? Your suggestions will definitely do me small reall good thank you!

Appeal or reapply

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tuktuk

Re: Appeal or reapply

Post by tuktuk » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:21 am

I think you have to reapply that better than appeal. Because there is no benefit of appeal just wastage of money.

but by the way, if you don't mind when you applied for the residence permit and when you got the decision ??

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:01 pm

tuktuk wrote:I think you have to reapply that better than appeal. Because there is no benefit of appeal just wastage of money.
If you are able to argue on your own and win, appeals are free. Granted it's a big IF.

rinso

Post by rinso » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:36 pm

betelgeuse wrote:If you are able to argue on your own and win, appeals are free. Granted it's a big IF.
If you cannot win, it means that a new application would also be denied.
When you make a new application, the same people will look at it and they might come to the same conclusion.
With an appeal others will look at it more carefully and see if there is made a mistake.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:55 pm

rinso wrote:If you cannot win, it means that a new application would also be denied.
When you make a new application, the same people will look at it and they might come to the same conclusion.
With an appeal others will look at it more carefully and see if there is made a mistake.
Indeed this is a good argument for why I would favour an appeal. However, I am not really a good example since I can navigate the system easily.