Tourist visa > Finland > Marriage

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
rehcenhab

Post by rehcenhab » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi everybody.

My fiancé is Finnish and living in Finland and i'm a non-EU citizen, I will come to Finland with a tourist visa and under the stay we will marriage then i will apply for a residence permit.

We have been together almost a year but we have only spend 3 weeks together before but love is so strong and my contract will end soon and now the time is right to move together.

Will they give me the tourist visa? He will tell in the invite letter i need that we will get married under my stay, we will be honest about that. Then i have a small dog can i take him with me or will there be a problem with customers.

All answers will be helpful for us
kind regards
RCH

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

bm50
AKA cockney

Re: Tourist visa > Finland > Marriage

Post by bm50 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi,
My opinion is that it would be better to marry in your country then apply for visa to enter Finland on the grounds of marriage. Again in my opinion you may have a problem to obtain a tourist visa to marry in Finland but I may be wrong. I'm sure you will get the right answer from someone in this Forum Good Luck!

rinso

Post by rinso » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:43 pm

rehcenhab wrote:Hi everybody.

My fiancé is Finnish and living in Finland and i'm a non-EU citizen, I will come to Finland with a tourist visa and under the stay we will marriage then i will apply for a residence permit.

We have been together almost a year but we have only spend 3 weeks together before but love is so strong and my contract will end soon and now the time is right to move together.

Will they give me the tourist visa? He will tell in the invite letter i need that we will get married under my stay, we will be honest about that.
They can easily reject your visa if you try to use it as a means for a permanent stay. Do what bm50 said, marry her first.
Then i have a small dog can i take him with me or will there be a problem with customers.

All answers will be helpful for us
kind regards
RCH
https://www.evira.fi/en/animals/import-and-export/

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:50 pm

rehcenhab wrote:we have only spend 3 weeks together
Raises red flags in immigration office. Too less time to get to know other person. Better have at least a few visits to have stamps on your passport which satisfies the authorities in the long run (such as applying for RP)
but love is so strong
nobody gives rat's ass. Probably those who live in fairy tales
Will they give me the tourist visa?
depends upon the reputation of your country.

As others said, if you are going to get marred on ASAP basis then do it in your country. This will ease up a few red flags in immigration office and later with dudes dealing with RP matters.
Image Image

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:16 pm

rinso wrote:They can easily reject your visa if you try to use it as a means for a permanent stay. Do what bm50 said, marry her first.
Visa -> Marry -> Residence permit is an acceptable way to do it. It's listed in Migri FAQs.
8. I am in an established intimate relationship with a foreigner who is not an EU citizen or equivalent. May my partner enter Finland with a visa and apply for a residence permit after we marry?

Your partner may enter Finland with a visa, if the conditions for granting one are met, or without a visa, if your partner is exempt from the visa requirement. A Finnish embassy abroad decides whether a visa is granted.
When you have married, your spouse may apply for a residence permit on the basis of marriage or a registered relationship.
http://www.migri.fi/our_services/faq/re ... its/family

rehcenhab

Post by rehcenhab » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:23 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
rinso wrote:They can easily reject your visa if you try to use it as a means for a permanent stay. Do what bm50 said, marry her first.
Visa -> Marry -> Residence permit is an acceptable way to do it. It's listed in Migri FAQs.
8. I am in an established intimate relationship with a foreigner who is not an EU citizen or equivalent. May my partner enter Finland with a visa and apply for a residence permit after we marry?

Your partner may enter Finland with a visa, if the conditions for granting one are met, or without a visa, if your partner is exempt from the visa requirement. A Finnish embassy abroad decides whether a visa is granted.
When you have married, your spouse may apply for a residence permit on the basis of marriage or a registered relationship.
http://www.migri.fi/our_services/faq/re ... its/family
Thanks for your answers, I will come with tourist visa..
I would like to now how you got the visa to Finland?

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:08 pm

You can apply for a visa at the Finnish embassy in your country. You should check their website for information and requirements.