Best Bank To Open An Account For Immigrant

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
betelgeuse

Re: Best Bank To Open An Account For Immigrant

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Upphew wrote:
007 wrote:*correct me if I am wrong but I am sure only Nordea had such services in English up until OP came along.
I have vague recollection that at one point Nordea was the only bank offering netbank in English. But that is ancient history. like a decade ago. I found a review of netbanks from 2010 that lists Nordea, OP, Sampopankki and Ålandsbaken having English as option.
Sampopankki = Danske has also had their paper documents in English for a long time.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rob360

Post by rob360 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions and experiences shared here. I decided to go with OP and it was smooth.

agroot

Post by agroot » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 am
While betelgeuse is correct from a legal point of view, there are things you need to keep in your mind from the practical point of view. If don't want to bother fighting the usually ignorant bank customer service intern about your rights, I suggest you avoid Nordea completely. Almost all other banks make things easier for immigrants. Anecdotally, OP bank is one of the easiest banks for getting your online banking and online identity access from.
Does anyone have experience of online banking with Aland bank (Ålandsbanken)? They have a single branch in Helsinki but review is good (all others are terrible) and wikipedia says they won the best customer loyalty years ago.