Moving to finland as a citizen and joining the army

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Hällström

Post by Hällström » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:15 am

Hi, I have a finnish citizenship but I never lived in finland. I will be moving to Finland around midd 2018. I know that army service is mandatory, and I actually want to join the army because I see it as an hopportunity to catch up the culture of people my age the fastest. The only problem is, I dont speak finnish. I am learning a little now, but I wont have good Finnish skills when I will move and join the army. What do I do in this situation? does the finnish army has special units for young citizens who move to finland but do not speak the languege?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: Moving to finland as a citizen and joining the army

Post by Piet » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:49 am

Hällström wrote:Hi, I have a finnish citizenship but I never lived in finland. I will be moving to Finland around midd 2018. I know that army service is mandatory, and I actually want to join the army because I see it as an hopportunity to catch up the culture of people my age the fastest. The only problem is, I dont speak finnish. I am learning a little now, but I wont have good Finnish skills when I will move and join the army. What do I do in this situation? does the finnish army has special units for young citizens who move to finland but do not speak the languege?
Yes they have, there are multiple posts about that on this forum, you might want to use the search function for that (if it works).
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world