need some advice and help

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
kosmos

Post by kosmos » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:01 am

hi all,
I want ask you to help me, I am orginary from Algeria, I plan to come to finland very soon, I have visa for just 15 day, but I want stay more than that, so, could I make my visa more long? how and where plz? how much it will cost me too?, I want learn the language and find a little work who can give me the stay there, my interst is not to stay to live there, but to learn language and all about finland, because my target is Canada and I soon will obtain my visa for long stay in Canada.
how about the study there too, can I get registration easly or no?
if some one could help me i will be very much happy :)
thanks for all :)

kosmos

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

meksikosuomen

Post by meksikosuomen » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:36 am

I dont know much about it, but im sure you will need a more objective reason for the Finland government to give you a residence permission, or what is the same, a longer stay permission, for example, have been accepted in a Finnish University or hired by a Finnish company,etc. and not just only say "i want to study the language hehe", there are summer finnish courses for foreigners and you should look for info about them, but what i know is that you can get the student visa as long as you can show you are able to pay for your stay in Finland, i suppose your plan is to get a lil work such as cleaning, dish washing, etc. and support your stay with that money, well, that isn´t the way in Finland, first, because altough most of the people understands english, that kind of works, i mean "lil works" are most of the times reserved for finnish people, like students looking for a summer work, or if lucky enough, just for that foreigners fluent in finnish, and above all this, you need a work permission even for that kind of works, and the only one who can ask the Finnish embassy to grant you the permission are the finnish company, restaurant, etc interested in hire you :shock: pretty difficult huh??,,no, a hell difficult!!!!! as you can see is a vicious circle.

And also why Finland if you are focused in Canada?? is better to focuse all your strenght and energy since now in Canada and avoid all that damn difficult process if you are planning not to stay for a longer time in finland isn´t it?:wink:
""Mynna tachton gemasti spuhu somen gelen muta emyna dayda""

kosmos

again need help!:)

Post by kosmos » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:54 pm

hi,
thank you so much meksikosuomen for this useful information, i need another advice please, in the case that i find a job and i stay not legal in finland, i mean i stay more long than my visa, what problem can i have for that please? and do i can find a job without work permit or it is absolutly impossible?
i very much want to know language and i will make all to have it! i suppose it seem little stupid, but it is what i want! can some one propose me a work or a help there?!
my email is [email protected]
with the thanks to all of you !:)

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:08 pm

Nothing will happen. As you finding work is not very likely to happen - illegal work is very hard to come by, heck, even legal work is hard to come by for foreigners. The unemployment is 10% and finding a job under the table is really hard. Usually something criminal. When you overstay your visa and get caught, you just might end up shackled up in chains and dropped off to Algiers with a 5-year ban to enter the EU Schengen area. And if you overstay your visa or get deported then how can you apply for Canada? Recommendation is not to be silly. Apparently you are in Russia - OK, so if it is not easy there it is even less easy in Finland. Sweden, Germany, France, Italy maybe - but Finland no. Worst part is you get employed by some friendly countryman who will keep you as a slave and not pay you and you cannot go to the police because you'll get deported. Not a good option. Wait for the Canada thing and with proper papers.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

kosmos

hi again :)

Post by kosmos » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:41 pm

I did not see the things with this side! i will never stay not legal, i did want to know if me can make my stay more long, and obtain prolongation of my visa and try to get good as all people want, that is true it will be silly if I make my situation worst! especialy that I only wait my visa to go Canada who will come in few time, about Russia, I where there and I plan to come back there soon, I did stay in kaliningrad and I did love this place, the truth is that I am bisness man, and I own licence to import and export, and I want open my horizon with this 2 country, this why I did want and still want it very much to take the language and stay more long there! like this I did explain all, and I sure will never make such sinario you did narate!:) but thanks for your answring, it provide to pay attention to what can some one think about.

tuijatuulia

Post by tuijatuulia » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:31 pm

i'm not sure about this, but I have understood that it is not possible to prolong your visa while you are in Finland, you must do it before you enter Finland. or something like that..