Refusal on visiting visa

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Post Reply
onlyforgame
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Refusal on visiting visa

Post by onlyforgame » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:52 am

Hi,

I'm writing this in desperation. Apparently my husband's visa application is denied. It states the reason is that he does not have intention to leave after the visa expires. I'm so panicked right now since I'm about to give birth in 8 weeks. And I'm living here alone. I think when i wrote the invitation, I was honest to say that he will apply for his RP when he is here with me. Perhaps thats the reason. I don't know what to write when I file the rectification letter and I'm too upset and panic now. Please help

Refusal on visiting visa

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
rinso
Posts: 3677
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by rinso » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:46 pm

onlyforgame wrote:Hi,

I'm writing this in desperation. Apparently my husband's visa application is denied. It states the reason is that he does not have intention to leave after the visa expires. I'm so panicked right now since I'm about to give birth in 8 weeks. And I'm living here alone. I think when i wrote the invitation, I was honest to say that he will apply for his RP when he is here with me. Perhaps thats the reason. I don't know what to write when I file the rectification letter and I'm too upset and panic now. Please help
People have done the same as you and got their visa, others were, like you, denied. So it is not impossible to get the decision overturned, but it will not be easy.
You can try to use your pregnancy and convince them it is important for you and him that he is here when you give birth.

I don't know what your future prospects are, since it might also be difficult to get a residence permit the normal way. (you're not married and not living together and he already has a refusal under his belt) You might consider getting some professional advice before you make another attempt and screw thing up. (advice from a real lawyer, not a "we will fix your permit bureau")


onlyforgame
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by onlyforgame » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:10 pm

We got married. Our marriage has been even legalised by Embassy of Finland in our home country. That's why I'm so confused right now. I aleady seek for legal advice. This is ridiculous.


bm50
AKA cockney
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by bm50 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:30 pm

You don't say where you are, you married in Finland? How did you end up alone if you are in Finland? You and your husband are from the same country? And you are pregnant seems strange !


onlyforgame
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by onlyforgame » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:55 pm

bm50 wrote:You don't say where you are, you married in Finland? How did you end up alone if you are in Finland? You and your husband are from the same country? And you are pregnant seems strange !
Excuse me for messy information. My mind is not in right state right now. We have been dating when my husband was studying in France. Even though it's distant relationship, we still made it work. I was basically living half a year in my home country with him and we got married there too. Our marriage was legalised also by Embassy of Finland in my home country. I got pregnant during the time we were in Europe but did not know until we were back home. I hope it's clear now?


bm50
AKA cockney
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by bm50 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi,
Ok sorry to hear this, but can he appeal? Is he sure he filled in the application for visa correctly ? You mention in another post that you have Finnish citizenship so I don't understand why you needed a invitation letter for your husband to be allowed into Finland, he is legally a family member of an Finnish and EU citizen. When my Asian wife came to Finland she obtained her visa to enter Finland without any problems and was told by the EU commission that they can't refuse a family member of an EU citizen a visa to enter Finland. I'm not Finnish but am an EU citizen. Have you registered your marriage in maistraati in Finland? I'm not sure where you are but do you have any advice centers where you live? If in Helsinki you could try, [email protected]


onlyforgame
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by onlyforgame » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:40 pm

bm50 wrote:Hi,
Ok sorry to hear this, but can he appeal? Is he sure he filled in the application for visa correctly ? You mention in another post that you have Finnish citizenship so I don't understand why you needed a invitation letter for your husband to be allowed into Finland, he is legally a family member of an Finnish and EU citizen. When my Asian wife came to Finland she obtained her visa to enter Finland without any problems and was told by the EU commission that they can't refuse a family member of an EU citizen a visa to enter Finland. I'm not Finnish but am an EU citizen. Have you registered your marriage in maistraati in Finland? I'm not sure where you are but do you have any advice centers where you live? If in Helsinki you could try, [email protected]
Many thanks for this information. I will try to contact them


bm50
AKA cockney
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 12:24 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by bm50 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Yes try their website I did read on there that they can give advice on immigration matters you can just go there or make an appointment to meet an adviser . Did you check the Finnish embassies website in your country for info on visa for family member of an EU/Finnish citizen? You have friends to help you? You are 7 months pregnant so not a good time to have any stress now and tell this to the embassy :thumbsup:


tavastia
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by tavastia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:40 pm

My friend married his asian wife, she got the visa easily and applied for RP in Finland. He is Finnish citizen.


onlyforgame
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by onlyforgame » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:44 pm

I think the reason of refusal is that I and my husband were both honest to say about our plan of that he will apply for his Residence permit, which I found ridiculous to be the reason. Ofcourse he will do that since his wife and child are both finnish citizens. My husband is freshly graduated and holds a master degree of computer science, majored in data science and machine learning from French university and he intends to get a job here too. But i think the embassy is scared that he may live on Kela support. That's our assumption. We're really stressed at the moment. I have contacted the lawer with all of papers and even appeal letter. Let's hope the good thing will come. Do you guys know other organisations that can help me with legal advice or what I should do?

I've been living alone here for 10 years, and working hard and live as a good citizen and this is the first time I feel so disappointed at Finland.


onlyforgame
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by onlyforgame » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:14 pm

tavastia wrote:My friend married his asian wife, she got the visa easily and applied for RP in Finland. He is Finnish citizen.
Yeah tell me about that. I'm an asian girl who has been working hard, payed taxes and fulfilled all requirements to become a finnish citizenship. And my child is ofc finnish citizenship. And now they don't allow my husband to come here :)


007
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by 007 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:33 pm

onlyforgame wrote:
Yeah tell me about that. I'm an asian girl who has been working hard, payed taxes and fulfilled all requirements to become a finnish citizenship. And my child is ofc finnish citizenship. And now they don't allow my husband to come here :)

Rules are same for everyone. Finns marry foreigners in hundreds if not thousands a year. They all go through the same process. I just wonder why he doesn't apply for an RP directly on the ground of being a spouse of a Finnish citizen?

If you are making enough money to cover his expenses in Finland (Actually, I am not sure this law. There sure was a discussion on increasing income requirement for spousal permit), he shouldn't have any problem to get a permit for Finland as being a spouse, and on top of that, a baby is coming, has a strong connection to Finland through you.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"


onlyforgame
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by onlyforgame » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:44 pm

007 wrote:
onlyforgame wrote:
Yeah tell me about that. I'm an asian girl who has been working hard, payed taxes and fulfilled all requirements to become a finnish citizenship. And my child is ofc finnish citizenship. And now they don't allow my husband to come here :)

Rules are same for everyone. Finns marry foreigners in hundreds if not thousands a year. They all go through the same process. I just wonder why he doesn't apply for an RP directly on the ground of being a spouse of a Finnish citizen?

If you are making enough money to cover his expenses in Finland (Actually, I am not sure this law. There sure was a discussion on increasing income requirement for spousal permit), he shouldn't have any problem to get a permit for Finland as being a spouse, and on top of that, a baby is coming, has a strong connection to Finland through you.
It would take 9 months or longer to proceed the RP application. And I'm due soon. That's why we decided to get visiting visa first.


User avatar
wolf80
Posts: 382
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:43 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by wolf80 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:54 pm

onlyforgame wrote:
It would take 9 months or longer to proceed the RP application. And I'm due soon. That's why we decided to get visiting visa first.
Sorry to say, but looking at the facts I would say it seems unlikely that your husband will be in the country for the birth and the months afterwards, and that you should prepare for that scenario. Not saying give up on your husband being there, but Finnish bureaucrats are slow and stubborn, and you might simply lose that battle. So also dedicate time to building a support network that allows you to raise your child on your own until your husband can join you on basis of an RP.


User avatar
rinso
Posts: 3677
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Re: Refusal on visiting visa

Post by rinso » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:35 am

I have contacted the lawer with all of papers and even appeal letter.
Do you guys know other organisations that can help me with legal advice or what I should do?
If you use multiple sources for your information you can get conflicting opinions. (and possibly screw things up again) If you already have a specialized lawyer, stick with him.


Post Reply