Is it true Child Protection Service often kidnaps children?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
nuplet

Post by nuplet » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Hello. I joined this community a couple of days ago because I am interested in moving to Finland. After doing some extensive research I found that there are many reported cases how child protection service in finland takes children away from their parents without even giving the families proper support, and this affects mostly immigrant families, and thus these immigrants accused cpc for kidnapping children . I still don't have kids, but plan to make one day, so I don't want someone comes and takes my children away. The thought of losing children honestly makes me scared. I thought children are taken away as the last resort, but it appears as in some cases children were taken away without even informing the family. So what do you think about this? are you an immigrant with kids? how do your experiences with child protection service in finland? Thanks.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/finn ... re/8725326

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Is it true Child Protection Service often kidnaps childr

Post by rinso » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:19 pm

nuplet wrote:Hello. I joined this community a couple of days ago because I am interested in moving to Finland. After doing some extensive research I found that there are many reported cases how child protection service in finland takes children away from their parents without even giving the families proper support, and this affects mostly immigrant families, and thus these immigrants accused cpc for kidnapping children . I still don't have kids, but plan to make one day, so I don't want someone comes and takes my children away. The thought of losing children honestly makes me scared. I thought children are taken away as the last resort, but it appears as in some cases children were taken away without even informing the family. So what do you think about this? are you an immigrant with kids? how do your experiences with child protection service in finland? Thanks.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/finn ... re/8725326
Child protecting services are indeed focused on the safety of the child without much consideration for the parents. And violence against children is a big no no and not open for discussion. If you're from a culture that is custom to sometimes "physical" upbringing, you can find yourself in conflict with child protection.

Oombongo

Re: Is it true Child Protection Service often kidnaps childr

Post by Oombongo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 pm

Image Image