Residence permit start and end date (family ties, finnish citizen + non EU spouse)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
tamiya14

Residence permit start and end date (family ties, finnish citizen + non EU spouse)

Post by tamiya14 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:41 am

Hi there, me and my finnish fiancèe will be planning to get married in 2018 and apply for my first RP at Rovaniemi migri. Was just wondering what would the start date and the end date of the first RP would be like? Let's say we got married on 1st January 2018, and on the first RP application form under "when do you intend to move to Finland" I'd put the same date as the marriage date which is 1st January 2018, and let's say a positive decision has been made on 1st March 2018, will the start date be on 1st January or 1st March (same date as approval date) or how would it be like?

Also, visa wise, I do not need to apply for one because I'm entitled to a visa free exemption of 90 Days in a 180 day period. And I noticed in the first RP application form there's a question that says "Place of transaction and notification abroad", how do I answer this? Or can I just put a dash on it?

And what about the question on "Occupation and/or training"? I mean I would quit my job before flying to Finland to get married.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Residence permit start and end date (family ties, finnish citizen + non EU spouse)

Post by rinso » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:51 am

Was just wondering what would the start date and the end date of the first RP would be like?
Add 6 to 9 months to the date of the RP application.

tamiya14

Re: Residence permit start and end date (family ties, finnish citizen + non EU spouse)

Post by tamiya14 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:37 am

Not the answer I'm looking for lol