“Document showing you are legally staying...”

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
undertakerfreak

Post by undertakerfreak » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:56 am

In section F of my residence permit application, it states that I need “a document showing that you are legally staying in the country where you submit the application.”

I emailed Migri about this, and they responded with a link to an FAQ that doesn’t exist.

How would I obtain such a document? I figured the stamp from customs in my passport was proof enough that I’m legally visiting Finland.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: “Document showing you are legally staying...”

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 am

Why not try calling them? If it's Migri that asking for the document, there's really no better source of information for what kind of document they require/will suffice. http://migri.fi/en/contact-information

Rasikko

Post by Rasikko » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:53 pm

Yeah call them. The application is a bit confusing in some places, but they just want to make sure everything about you is legit. Sounds like it's asking for proof of your residency(currently living there) in the current location. One would think passport would suffice, but that doesn't prove that you are currently in said country that issued your passport.

ynginvstr

Post by ynginvstr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:05 am

a document showing that you are legally staying in the country where you submit the application.

According to my knowledge, I believe, that this document is required only for those that are foreigner in the country in which they are to submit the application.

Example: You are a Nigerian living in Morocco who intends to submit a residence permit application at the Embassy of Finland in Morocco. THEN, you are required to prove that you are legally staying in Morocco.

BUT, if you are a Nigerian living in Nigeria, providing a copy of your passport is enough.