Applying Residence Permit for spouse of Finnish Citizen in Finland while on private visit visa

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
bm50
AKA cockney

Re: Applying Residence Permit for spouse of Finnish Citizen in Finland while on private visit visa

Post by bm50 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:19 pm

kanjengmami93 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:42 pm
biryvih wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:14 pm
does the weather really make you pessimistic there?
Weather has its influence, but eventually one can get used to weather rather easily, maybe in couple of months and one get used to day / night situation in a year or so.
I once lived in a rural area before, no signal, no internet, nothing, I couldn't even make a call, and the electricity barely existed there!![/b] Does this sound depressing enough for you? :)
Not really, and here is the reason why. You could speak your own language, you had friends around you and you were still in your own country.
It's quite sad to hear this from someone that I was hoping I could get some help from instead of telling something that I myself haven't even experienced it and you are pretending to be some kind of a clairvoyant?
Yes I could imagine that. It is rather depressing, but unfortunately it is the fact. And it is not about discouraging you, its just don't put all your eggs in one basket kinda thing.
I'm heavily relying on my fiance? wtf does that even mean?
I thought you'd understand but let me elaborate or at least I will try :ochesey: now you are far away from your family, friends, your language, your country etc.. There is only one person you know in Finland and he is your fiance, he has other stuff to do when he is in Finland, since he is not on holidays anymore and things are different. If you need any sort of guidance, he will be your go to person and if you don't pick up things quickly it can be annoying rather fast..
die in Finland during my stay or get divorce
that's not the point and it'd be quite sad if things wouldn't work out and no one should look forward to that.

As much as I understand you think that only "weather" is the main thing, but it really isn't as I said one can get used to weather in a year or so.. here is an example, I have couple of Asian friends and as much as I understand Asian culture, it is hard for them to say no to someone, just because they want to be polite. But when it comes to Finns, they are rather straightforward and when you are not used to it, sometimes that honesty hits you like a brick.. This was just one example.. I could go on and on, but I think you want to hear all the fuzzy and cuddly stuff, which is possible in a fantasy world but reality is a bit different.. I have lived here long long time and sometimes I remember how hard was it to survive in first few years and weather was the least of my problems. I used to call Finland "sweet prison" :) I feel like home in here now, but getting to this stage was not easy at all.

But of course I don't want to discourage you or anything, as I said before and will say again, prepare yourself because it isn't as easy as you might think... and I didn't understand one thing, why are you so quick to comment about divorce?
Aww, You poor thing dont get my jokes. :wink: :shock: Because some other people brought that divorce stuff up here, I don't even understand why they are bringing that thing up in the first place. Just scroll up, you will know what I mean. Hey, we will have a prenup, so he can't steal my things. :lol: :lol: Somehow, you remind me of my old mom, always thinking the same thing as you do. Well, then,they are your asian friends and you only have a couple of them, that's funny, but who cares, because I don't. In fact, I'm quite westnernized, and my finnish fiance doesn't seem like he is a straightforward guy, I'm pretty sure you are just generalizing and you like doing that, don't you? :lol: :roll: I have already made friends with some Indonesian there in Finland, I know my fiance has a job, and he is busy during the day so that's not a big problem really (he barely texts me during the day, and I have been always without him for a year now?). I have told you and mentioned above, I know that living in Finland will be completely different, but I'm willing to adapt, Is this not clear enough or hard for you to understand? But I would like to think myself as a non pessimist person but If It doesn't please you, so then I don't care. :lol: :roll: But, hey thanks for wasting your time in my post. You are always welcomed :wink:
Hi,

Well I brought up the divorce stuff here because divorce is common here with Asian women who marry Finnish men, that's why.

Re: Applying Residence Permit for spouse of Finnish Citizen in Finland while on private visit visa

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:20 am

bm50 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:19 pm
kanjengmami93 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:42 pm
biryvih wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Weather has its influence, but eventually one can get used to weather rather easily, maybe in couple of months and one get used to day / night situation in a year or so.

Not really, and here is the reason why. You could speak your own language, you had friends around you and you were still in your own country.

Yes I could imagine that. It is rather depressing, but unfortunately it is the fact. And it is not about discouraging you, its just don't put all your eggs in one basket kinda thing.

I thought you'd understand but let me elaborate or at least I will try :ochesey: now you are far away from your family, friends, your language, your country etc.. There is only one person you know in Finland and he is your fiance, he has other stuff to do when he is in Finland, since he is not on holidays anymore and things are different. If you need any sort of guidance, he will be your go to person and if you don't pick up things quickly it can be annoying rather fast..

that's not the point and it'd be quite sad if things wouldn't work out and no one should look forward to that.

As much as I understand you think that only "weather" is the main thing, but it really isn't as I said one can get used to weather in a year or so.. here is an example, I have couple of Asian friends and as much as I understand Asian culture, it is hard for them to say no to someone, just because they want to be polite. But when it comes to Finns, they are rather straightforward and when you are not used to it, sometimes that honesty hits you like a brick.. This was just one example.. I could go on and on, but I think you want to hear all the fuzzy and cuddly stuff, which is possible in a fantasy world but reality is a bit different.. I have lived here long long time and sometimes I remember how hard was it to survive in first few years and weather was the least of my problems. I used to call Finland "sweet prison" :) I feel like home in here now, but getting to this stage was not easy at all.

But of course I don't want to discourage you or anything, as I said before and will say again, prepare yourself because it isn't as easy as you might think... and I didn't understand one thing, why are you so quick to comment about divorce?
Aww, You poor thing dont get my jokes. :wink: :shock: Because some other people brought that divorce stuff up here, I don't even understand why they are bringing that thing up in the first place. Just scroll up, you will know what I mean. Hey, we will have a prenup, so he can't steal my things. :lol: :lol: Somehow, you remind me of my old mom, always thinking the same thing as you do. Well, then,they are your asian friends and you only have a couple of them, that's funny, but who cares, because I don't. In fact, I'm quite westnernized, and my finnish fiance doesn't seem like he is a straightforward guy, I'm pretty sure you are just generalizing and you like doing that, don't you? :lol: :roll: I have already made friends with some Indonesian there in Finland, I know my fiance has a job, and he is busy during the day so that's not a big problem really (he barely texts me during the day, and I have been always without him for a year now?). I have told you and mentioned above, I know that living in Finland will be completely different, but I'm willing to adapt, Is this not clear enough or hard for you to understand? But I would like to think myself as a non pessimist person but If It doesn't please you, so then I don't care. :lol: :roll: But, hey thanks for wasting your time in my post. You are always welcomed :wink:
Hi,

Well I brought up the divorce stuff here because divorce is common here with Asian women who marry Finnish men, that's why.
Hi, yeah, I have already knew that. Here is the same thing, is why I'm insisting to make a prenup and is why I want to get married in Indonesia. But divorce is the last option If anything we try to fix don't work out. Anyway, If we get married in Finland, prenup that's made in Finland won't be recognized in Indonesia. If we don't have it, I will have to sell my properties that I own in Indonesia. Indonesian who is married to e foreigner without a prenup cannot buy/own properties in Indonesia, that's the law and It's a b*tch. Since I own properties here, I want to make sure that I protect myself from disaster in the future. lol. We'll see how It goes. But If we can survive and stay married for more than 10 years, I will probably sell all my properties, and start my own business in Finland or in Indonesia with my husband and I would be willing to share its profits with my husband. But If we can't, then poor him, he can't get any of it. lol. :P

Tarja2905

Post by Tarja2905 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi,
Just want to add some points:
- i am from Vietnam and the situation is the same: embassy doesnt want that we fly to Finland on tourist visa to apply for rp. I have no idea why even the migri allows that 😳 The application fee at embassy is higher and processing time is longer! Anyway, if you can get a tourist visa without telling them that you are going to get rp in Finland, maybe you will get through. I did that too 😋
- about integration difficulties one has mentioned above, it depends on what kind of person you are and your attitude about things. I am also living in Lappeenranta - a small city near the border with Saints Petersburg. If compared to where I used to live in my home country, this is like a village with almost no entertainment. However, i like quiet environment and love the nature, so it is nearly perfect for me, I enjoy here. Plus, there is no Vietnamese immigrant in this city, so I am alone here! But so what, i have my own hobbies and since I started school, i have made many new friends 🤗

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:12 pm

Tarja2905 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:17 pm
Hi,
Just want to add some points:
- i am from Vietnam and the situation is the same: embassy doesnt want that we fly to Finland on tourist visa to apply for rp. I have no idea why even the migri allows that 😳 The application fee at embassy is higher and processing time is longer! Anyway, if you can get a tourist visa without telling them that you are going to get rp in Finland, maybe you will get through. I did that too 😋
- about integration difficulties one has mentioned above, it depends on what kind of person you are and your attitude about things. I am also living in Lappeenranta - a small city near the border with Saints Petersburg. If compared to where I used to live in my home country, this is like a village with almost no entertainment. However, i like quiet environment and love the nature, so it is nearly perfect for me, I enjoy here. Plus, there is no Vietnamese immigrant in this city, so I am alone here! But so what, i have my own hobbies and since I started school, i have made many new friends 🤗
Hi, thank you for your info and your story. Yeah, I wouldn't mind to live in a small town, even though I live in a big city in Indonesia. It's not a really big problem, at least Isojoki is not untouched area somewhere in Papua, shouldn't be that bad. Yeah, I don't even have a lot of friends here in Indonesia, I just don't want to, lol. My only best friends are just my two cats. :P My fiance and I did send some messages through email about applying RP on visa to the embassy, I hope they won't remember us. hahaha.

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi,

The Vietnamese lady I think was married when she applied for a shengen visa to enter Finland? In that case and her husband is a Finnish citizen they can't refuse her a visa to enter Finland and she can legally apply for RP in Finland. Problem is the embassy staff are local people and can be difficult as I had the same problem I think much of the time it is just jealousy ! There are Finnish workers there in the embassy the consulate etc so if you have problems ask to speak with one of them.
And I stress that you never lie on any application for visa etc as it could affect your RP decision later!

alberti

Post by alberti » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi
BM50 is right. if you are once married with Finnish/Eu citizen you have the right to get Schengen Visa. My wife applied twice Schengen Visa when she was my girlfriend. Needed a lot of documents. By the third time, while she was my wife our( finnish)marriage certificate was enough. Every family member of a Eu citizen has the right to obtain a Schengen Visa. A RP is still a bit of different story. We are waiting now already 6 months. No news

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Visa code needs to be followed even you are married with Finnish/EU, there is no 100% guarantee visa will be given. Yes, there are less documents needed, no insurance, no return ticket, etc but still they can refuse the visa.

alberti

Post by alberti » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:22 am

17 October 2017. And still on partial decision. At the time we were not married, so applied RP based on employment within my own company. But got married few months later in Finland, after receiving the right documents from Indonesia

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:34 pm

alberti wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:22 am
17 October 2017. And still on partial decision. At the time we were not married, so applied RP based on employment within my own company. But got married few months later in Finland, after receiving the right documents from Indonesia
Hei alberti, I have send you an email, please check it out. 😀 Thank you so much.

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:45 pm

bm50 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:59 pm
Hi,

The Vietnamese lady I think was married when she applied for a shengen visa to enter Finland? In that case and her husband is a Finnish citizen they can't refuse her a visa to enter Finland and she can legally apply for RP in Finland. Problem is the embassy staff are local people and can be difficult as I had the same problem I think much of the time it is just jealousy ! There are Finnish workers there in the embassy the consulate etc so if you have problems ask to speak with one of them.
And I stress that you never lie on any application for visa etc as it could affect your RP decision later!
You think mentioning that you are going to apply RP in Finland is a good option? I will make you sure they will reject the visa as they already told me, I'm allowed to apply visa, but not allowed to apply RP in Finland on visa (they sounded that they were threatening me on the phone), (all visa to visit husband is called a private VISIT visa type C), It is for a visit, not applying RP in Finland that's what the embassy has on their mind. They want to make sure that you are going to apply at the embassy not at migri is why they tell lies about it. I have read several cases based on their visa got rejected by the embassy even though they are married to a finnish citizen (the marriage certificate needs to be legalized), most of them mentioned that they were applying visa for the sake of applying RP in Finland, what effect the RP decision is actually your refused visa, doesn't make any sense yeah? Even my fiance has send them email about it in Suomi, they (I believe finnish officers) also gave the same responds and answers as if they were Indonesians that visa is for a visit (the code is type C visa, is what migri is looking for), not for applying RP in Finland on visa. Embassies basicly want to hear what they wanna hear. :) my conclusion is visa is for visiting, RP is for residency. We need to differentiate that and It's pretty messed up world of bureucracy. They can indeed refuse their visa they or one of them has shady records in the past as they mention in the reason of why spouse of finnish citizen or EU citizen gets their visa rejected (serious health problem, crimial records,etc).
Last edited by kanjengmami93 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:48 pm

kanjengmami93 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:45 pm
bm50 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:59 pm
Hi,

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:35 pm

http://migri.fi/en/spouse-is-a-finnish-citizen

0. Can an applicant apply for a visa in order to move to Finland and submit a residence permit application there?

In accordance with the Aliens Act (301/2004), a Finnish citizen’s family member can arrive in Finland if in possession of a visa and apply for a residence permit in Finland. According to the Aliens Act, a family member is considered to be:

The spouse of a person residing in Finland
An unmarried child under 18 years of age whose guardian is a person residing in Finland
If the person resident in Finland is a minor child, the family member is his or her guardian
A same-sex partner if the partnership is nationally registered
Persons living continuously in a marriage-like relationship within the same household regardless of their sex are comparable to a married couple. The requirement for this comparison is that they can be proved to have lived together for at least two years. This is not required if the persons have a child in their joint custody or if there is some other weighty reason (Aliens Act, Section 37). Cohabitation must be prov

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:56 pm

bm50 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:35 pm
http://migri.fi/en/spouse-is-a-finnish-citizen

0. Can an applicant apply for a visa in order to move to Finland and submit a residence permit application there?

In accordance with the Aliens Act (301/2004), a Finnish citizen’s family member can arrive in Finland if in possession of a visa and apply for a residence permit in Finland. According to the Aliens Act, a family member is considered to be:

The spouse of a person residing in Finland
An unmarried child under 18 years of age whose guardian is a person residing in Finland
If the person resident in Finland is a minor child, the family member is his or her guardian
A same-sex partner if the partnership is nationally registered
Persons living continuously in a marriage-like relationship within the same household regardless of their sex are comparable to a married couple. The requirement for this comparison is that they can be proved to have lived together for at least two years. This is not required if the persons have a child in their joint custody or if there is some other weighty reason (Aliens Act, Section 37). Cohabitation must be prov
Hi, lemme explain it to you, and It won't make any sense to me too

As I'm mentioning above, visa is granted by the embassy not migri (unless you file an appeal If your visa is rejected), so you just need to satisfy the embassy. On the visa form, they are no such thing as applying visa for applying RP in Finland. All of them are for a visit (tourism,business reason, family reason, education reason).All of them are type C visa. But a spouse of finnish citizen get more flexibilities about applying their RP even they are just on a visa. That's what most people do and It's not a secret anymore that embassy officers are constantly abusing the laws.

If you are a family member of a Finnish citizen and you intend to travel to Finland for a period of time exceeding three months, please follow the instructions in paragraph 1 or 2:.

1. Apply for a residence permit at a Finnish mission either in your home country or in the country of departure where you have a legal residence well in advance. The residence permit application must be submitted in person. Read more about the application of a residence permit at the Finnish Immigration Service website.

2. Apply for a visa at a Finnish mission either in your home country or in the country of departure where you have a legal residence. If you are eligible for a visa based on the Visa Code, you can apply for an extended residence permit at the Finnish Immigration Service. Please note that to get a visa the visa applicant must fulfil the requirements of the Visa Code. A visa is not granted even to a family member of a Finnish citizen automatically.

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Hi,
What is the visa code? On what grounds can they refuse you a visa? I always thought that grounds for refusal are, Being a threat to the security of that country, Criminals, Terrorist and Health reasons.

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:42 pm

Yes visa granted by the embassy on advice from Migri in Finland. Indonesian staff do not make the decisions on visa's RP etc