Applying Residence Permit for spouse of Finnish Citizen in Finland while on private visit visa

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
kanjengmami93

Re: Applying Residence Permit for spouse of Finnish Citizen in Finland while on private visit visa

Post by kanjengmami93 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:13 pm

bm50 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:39 pm
Hi,
What is the visa code? On what grounds can they refuse you a visa? I always thought that grounds for refusal are, Being a threat to the security of that country, Criminals, Terrorist and Health reasons.
Hi, here the information about visa code
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 10&from=EN

It is basicly a requirements for a visit to schengen areas and your intention to leave. So, you can use a private visit visa, then apply RP in Finland with it. If you write that you wanna apply RP in Finland on your visa form, they will refuse it,and the reason of refusal can be "your intention to leave the member state is unclear". Hope It's a clear explaination. Kiitos.

Re: Applying Residence Permit for spouse of Finnish Citizen in Finland while on private visit visa

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:18 pm

bm50 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:42 pm
Yes visa granted by the embassy on advice from Migri in Finland. Indonesian staff do not make the decisions on visa's RP etc
I know, but the ones who work at consular department can be finnish officers and I have mentioned that my fiance already sent them emails in suomi, and the finnish officers said the same damn thing that you cant use a visa in order to apply RP in Finland (The embassy wants you to apply in your home country.) Visa is not for applying RP, It is for a visit but you can use it to apply RP in Finland (as what migri says). so Although you are married to a finnish citizen, you still need to fullfil the visa code. As the vietnamese girl said, she got an RP eventually even though she didn't mention about applying RP in finland on her visa form, and read about alberti's story, the embassy didn't want his wife to apply visa then apply RP in Finland. because visa is visa, RP is different story.

alberti

Post by alberti » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:25 pm

Just give them the necessary papers /documents what is needed for Schengen Visa. At my wife(then girl friend) first Schengen visa we put reason for travel in my invitation letter;Planning to get married in the future, so would like to introduce my fiancée to Finnish Culture and visit my relatives in the Netherlands. Don't hassle them with RP issues ! Once here apply for RP and wait(very long)
Just apply. My wife got 3 Schengen Visa in the last 12 months. Twice as my girlfriend , once as my wife.

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:04 pm

alberti wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:25 pm
Just give them the necessary papers /documents what is needed for Schengen Visa. At my wife(then girl friend) first Schengen visa we put reason for travel in my invitation letter;Planning to get married in the future, so would like to introduce my fiancée to Finnish Culture and visit my relatives in the Netherlands. Don't hassle them with RP issues ! Once here apply for RP and wait(very long)
Just apply. My wife got 3 Schengen Visa in the last 12 months. Twice as my girlfriend , once as my wife.
Hi alberti, thank you so much for helping me and giving me usefull informations. Yeah, seems like people get confused the difference between visa and Resident Permit application. When she was you gf, I believe that she had to give a lot of requirements to the embassy, but once she is your wife, the paperworks are less than tourist visa since she is married to you and she is your dependent and the embassy will make sure that her husband is not receiving any money from the goverment even though he is, he needs to have savings in his bank account to be able to accomodate her during her stay and make sure that she won't be an illegal immigrant so ofc It's money talk in the end of the day.lol. If the embassy doesn't feel satified with the financial issues, they won't grant a visa even though they are married. Once, you get to Finland and apply RP, you just need to satisfy migri why you were not applying RP before entering Finland and explain it to them. At least that's how I understand. Thank you. :)

alberti

Post by alberti » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:13 pm

Migri never asked why my wife, why she didn t apply in Indonesia.They were ok with it all

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:15 pm

alberti wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:13 pm
Migri never asked why my wife, why she didn t apply in Indonesia.They were ok with it all
Hi alberti, ofc they don't ask since you need to explain it to them on the RP application form instead.

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi, I'm getting very confused now what is your plan to marry in Finland or Indonesia? The spouse does not have to show means of support when applying for a Shengen visa if she is married to a Finnish citizen. Also does not need to show a return air ticket and health insurance. Rp application yes more requirements and you are engaged and in a relationship for 2 years your fiance has also visited you in Indonesia migri can see that it is a genuine relationship not fake that's what they look for. Your spouse is Finnish and working in a good job all can be verified so where is the problem?
You can contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and ask them also [email protected] for help.

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:50 am

bm50 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:16 pm
Hi, I'm getting very confused now what is your plan to marry in Finland or Indonesia? The spouse does not have to show means of support when applying for a Shengen visa if she is married to a Finnish citizen. Also does not need to show a return air ticket and health insurance. Rp application yes more requirements and you are engaged and in a relationship for 2 years your fiance has also visited you in Indonesia migri can see that it is a genuine relationship not fake that's what they look for. Your spouse is Finnish and working in a good job all can be verified so where is the problem?
You can contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and ask them also [email protected] for help.
Hi, don't get confused. I'm getting married in Indonesia since I want to have a prenup. I have already contacted a lawyer for that reason. I want to make sure that I can protect my properties that I own in Indonesia and I want to separate things that we have before the marriage has done and If we got married in Finland, prenup that is made in Finland won't be recognized by Indonesian court so It would be useless and waste of money :)
And about the visa, we will work on that later after the wedding and all :)

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:53 am

Why the embassy people tell you to apply there, even legally you can apply in Finland, is probably due to practical reasons:

* if you don't have all the documents required, will be quite a hassle to get them from your home country without going there.
* if your visa expires you can stay in Finland but you cannot travel practically anywhere until your permit is ready.
* can take up to 9 months to get it, some people are more lucky and get it faster.
* during this 9 months you can just stay at home and do nothing, study yourself the language. You cannot register to any courses or work as you have no personal identity number, you are just a tourist.
* if you have any medical issues, even no insurance is needed, try to go to local hospital without Kela card and social security number and say you are wife of Finnish citizen.
* in the worst case scenario if they deny your RP permit, and you don't want to leave Finland they will have to deport you which is not an easy process.

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:16 am

tavastia wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:53 am
Why the embassy people tell you to apply there, even legally you can apply in Finland, is probably due to practical reasons:

* if you don't have all the documents required, will be quite a hassle to get them from your home country without going there.
* if your visa expires you can stay in Finland but you cannot travel practically anywhere until your permit is ready.
* can take up to 9 months to get it, some people are more lucky and get it faster.
* during this 9 months you can just stay at home and do nothing, study yourself the language. You cannot register to any courses or work as you have no personal identity number, you are just a tourist.
* if you have any medical issues, even no insurance is needed, try to go to local hospital without Kela card and social security number and say you are wife of Finnish citizen.
* in the worst case scenario if they deny your RP permit, and you don't want to leave Finland they will have to deport you which is not an easy process.
Hi, yes I was thinking about that as well, but what I don't like about the embassy, It would be better for them to expain why they reccomend us to apply in the home country and the benefit of it, but they told us lies instead, that we can't apply RP on visa is misleading and sounds like they are uninformed about it or they might be confused about it. Well explanations you put on my post. Hope It helps others too. :) Thank you for visiting my post anyway. :thumbsup:
Last edited by kanjengmami93 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:24 am

Hi, yes I was thinking about that as well, but what I don't like about the embassy, It would be better for them to expain why they reccomend us to apply in the home country and the benefit of it, but they told us lies instead, that we can't apply RP on visa is misleading and sounds like they are uninformed about it. Well explanations you put on my post. Hope It helps others too. :) Thank you for visiting my post anyway. :thumbsup:
You are welcome! And good luck with your marriage and move to Finland. My wife came with visa to Finland also 5 years ago and applied here, there was no issues. Law has not changed since then.

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:26 am

tavastia wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:24 am
Hi, yes I was thinking about that as well, but what I don't like about the embassy, It would be better for them to expain why they reccomend us to apply in the home country and the benefit of it, but they told us lies instead, that we can't apply RP on visa is misleading and sounds like they are uninformed about it. Well explanations you put on my post. Hope It helps others too. :) Thank you for visiting my post anyway. :thumbsup:
You are welcome! And good luck with your marriage and move to Finland. My wife came with visa to Finland also 5 years ago and applied here, there was no issues. Law has not changed since then.
Kiitos!! :D

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi,

We married in Indonesia had the marriage certificate notarized at the Indonesian Justice dept ministry of foreign affairs and Finnish embassy in Jakarta, wife applied for Shengen visa to enter Finland and was granted without a problem. Arrived in Finland went to the immigration police applied for RP, we had no hassle about having the correct documents so easy to apply RP in Finland.

kanjengmami93

Post by kanjengmami93 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:13 pm

bm50 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:07 pm
Hi,

We married in Indonesia had the marriage certificate notarized at the Indonesian Justice dept ministry of foreign affairs and Finnish embassy in Jakarta, wife applied for Shengen visa to enter Finland and was granted without a problem. Arrived in Finland went to the immigration police applied for RP, we had no hassle about having the correct documents so easy to apply RP in Finland.
Hi, yeah, since the new president, everything seems to be easier here If you live in a big city, but If you live in a small village, then you may find some bribes going on still, but a bit more strict now. I just went to the local civil marriage office for muslim people, the documents that he needs is way less than It used to be back in some years ago (only require 4 documents). The ceremony will be free of charge. But the legalization procedure might be pain in the ass and will be a long wait max 10 days but gladly no more bribes in those departements unless you decide to use an agency service which is more expensive. :)

Tarja2905

Post by Tarja2905 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:58 am

kanjengmami93 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:45 pm
bm50 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:59 pm
Hi,

The Vietnamese lady I think was married when she applied for a shengen visa to enter Finland? In that case and her husband is a Finnish citizen they can't refuse her a visa to enter Finland and she can legally apply for RP in Finland. Problem is the embassy staff are local people and can be difficult as I had the same problem I think much of the time it is just jealousy ! There are Finnish workers there in the embassy the consulate etc so if you have problems ask to speak with one of them.
And I stress that you never lie on any application for visa etc as it could affect your RP decision later!
You think mentioning that you are going to apply RP in Finland is a good option? I will make you sure they will reject the visa as they already told me, I'm allowed to apply visa, but not allowed to apply RP in Finland on visa (they sounded that they were threatening me on the phone), (all visa to visit husband is called a private VISIT visa type C), It is for a visit, not applying RP in Finland that's what the embassy has on their mind. They want to make sure that you are going to apply at the embassy not at migri is why they tell lies about it. I have read several cases based on their visa got rejected by the embassy even though they are married to a finnish citizen (the marriage certificate needs to be legalized), most of them mentioned that they were applying visa for the sake of applying RP in Finland, what effect the RP decision is actually your refused visa, doesn't make any sense yeah? Even my fiance has send them email about it in Suomi, they (I believe finnish officers) also gave the same responds and answers as if they were Indonesians that visa is for a visit (the code is type C visa, is what migri is looking for), not for applying RP in Finland on visa. Embassies basicly want to hear what they wanna hear. :) my conclusion is visa is for visiting, RP is for residency. We need to differentiate that and It's pretty messed up world of bureucracy. They can indeed refuse their visa they or one of them has shady records in the past as they mention in the reason of why spouse of finnish citizen or EU citizen gets their visa rejected (serious health problem, crimial records,etc).
I confirm this! At that time, I actually talked with a Finnish officer there at the embassy. She kept repeating that if I want to apply for RP, I need to do it at the embassy, I cannot visit Finland and do it. And at that time, I knew at least 2 Vietnamese friends who were already married to Finns but got refused because they told to embassy that they would apply for RP when they arrived in Finland. That’s the story.
If talking about law, I am sure they are doing sth wrong. But that’s what they have been doing.