How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Post Reply
ynginvstr
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

Post by ynginvstr » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:50 am

A friend of mine told me that MIGRI didn't contact him, the embassy did.
But, MIGRI say 'we will contact you when the decision is made'?

Could you please tell me how did you hear about the decision? Did they email you? Call you? If it was the embassy that informed you about the decision, then, was it via email or call?

I am asking because I believe soon a decision will be made for my RP Application, and so I wanna be more alert.

Your answers will be very much appreciated. :thumbsup:



How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Rasikko
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

Post by Rasikko » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:57 am

ynginvstr wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:50 am
A friend of mine told me that MIGRI didn't contact him, the embassy did.
But, MIGRI say 'we will contact you when the decision is made'?

Could you please tell me how did you hear about the decision? Did they email you? Call you? If it was the embassy that informed you about the decision, then, was it via email or call?

I am asking because I believe soon a decision will be made for my RP Application, and so I wanna be more alert.

Your answers will be very much appreciated. :thumbsup:
I applied using the E-service. The decision was made/known there, then it was sent by email. So let me say - do not go too many days not checking your email, and if you applied via E-service, check it daily(to be on the safe side - you should get email notifications though).


ynginvstr
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

Post by ynginvstr » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Rasikko wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:57 am
I applied using the E-service. The decision was made/known there, then it was sent by email. So let me say - do not go too many days not checking your email, and if you applied via E-service, check it daily (to be on the safe side - you should get email notifications though).
I didn't apply through the E-Service. :|

Would they still email me?


biryvih
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:04 am

Re: How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

Post by biryvih » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:44 pm

Would they still email me?
Nope, you'll be informed by post


User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 2041
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:01 pm

Nobody is able to give you an accurate answer to this question. Since you applied outside of Finland, the delivery of the decision and the notification about the readiness of the decision will vary based on the embassy's own policies and assessment. In some countries where the post isn't reliable, your decision will likely be served by-hand at the embassy with a notification sent by email or with a call. In other countries, it might be entirely by post.

The only way to get the correct answer is to check the embassy's website. If you can't get an answer there, then email them and ask about it. If you still don't get an answer, call the embassy.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.


ynginvstr
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

Post by ynginvstr » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:01 pm
Nobody is able to give you an accurate answer to this question. Since you applied outside of Finland, the delivery of the decision and the notification about the readiness of the decision will vary based on the embassy's own policies and assessment. In some countries where the post isn't reliable, your decision will likely be served by-hand at the embassy with a notification sent by email or with a call. In other countries, it might be entirely by post.

The only way to get the correct answer is to check the embassy's website. If you can't get an answer there, then email them and ask about it. If you still don't get an answer, call the embassy.
Thank you so very much. :)
Indeed, my friend didn't hear from MIGRI at all. What he did was: His wife called to ask them (MIGRI) if everything is okay with the provided documents and they told her that the decision has been made already and it was positive. After 1-2 weeks, the embassy called my friend telling him to come pick his residence permit.

And by the way, the decision was made after the submission date by less than 2 weeks (unbelievable, but true). This was in september 2015.
Based on few stories I read on this forum, most of those who applied in Oulu received the decision pretty quickly. I concluded that that is because there are less people submitting their residence permit applications in Oulu compared to for example Helsinki.


I don't know if it is true, but I think I have read somewhere that all application submitted from outside Finland are processed through Helsinki. (This makes my friend's case even more unbelievable)


hiworld
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

Post by hiworld » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:41 am


I don't know if it is true, but I think I have read somewhere that all application submitted from outside Finland are processed through Helsinki. (This makes my friend's case even more unbelievable)

i applied last month in oulu and i received decision/ID number less than a week. a physical card sent to my address a week after decision made.


ynginvstr
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

Post by ynginvstr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:02 am

hiworld wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:41 am
i applied last month in oulu and i received decision/ID number less than a week. a physical card sent to my address a week after decision made.
Are you the Danish one? 8) I remember you.


ynginvstr
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

Post by ynginvstr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:09 am

hiworld wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:48 pm
i got married in denmark on 6th feb, apply online for residence permit in finland on 15th, proved identity on 21st, received positive decision on 27th Feb. now only waiting card to arrive

the whole process was sooo much easy and super fast then i thought :)
I found you. XD


hiworld
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

Post by hiworld » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 am

ynginvstr wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:09 am
hiworld wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:48 pm
i got married in denmark on 6th feb, apply online for residence permit in finland on 15th, proved identity on 21st, received positive decision on 27th Feb. now only waiting card to arrive

the whole process was sooo much easy and super fast then i thought :)
I found you. XD
hehehehe yep thats me. but im currently in my home country as i dont expect to move to finland this fast due to my work. i stated clearly in my application that i plan to move in September but surprisingly they already issued residence permit card in Feb already!


ynginvstr
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: How does MIGRI inform you that the decision is made?

Post by ynginvstr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:26 pm

hiworld wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 am
hehehehe yep thats me. but im currently in my home country as i dont expect to move to finland this fast due to my work. i stated clearly in my application that i plan to move in September but surprisingly they already issued residence permit card in Feb already!
You're blessed. Happy for you! :thumbsup:

I analysed MIGRI statistics and I am expecting that I should be answered by May. (in May my application will be 5 months old)


Post Reply