Need help regarding bank statement

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
zzeebbii

Post by zzeebbii » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Hello, I am from Pakistan and I got admission and scholarship in Tampere University of Technology. Now I am applying for my Resident Permit(RP). In document uploads section, there are two documents that I need to upload, one is "Clarification of Income" and other is "Clarification on Origin of Funds". In first section, I understand that I need to upload my bank statement and I have enough funds (7,000 Euros) in my account. But in second upload, I am not quite sure what should I upload, as I saved all these funds by myself, I'm a freelancer and I saved funds by working for my clients, in my case, what should I upload there as I don't have an employment contract or Salary slip. I'm quite confused about it. If anayone can help me, it would be great.

Thank you!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

biryvih

Re: Need help regarding bank statement

Post by biryvih » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:34 am

Well, they need to make sure that the money is not earned by "illegal" means...
You need to proof "how did you get that money" and from where did you get it. I think in short they need to make sure that the money is traceable or something like that.

Back in the day it wasn't the case, but nowadays often people get in trouble if they are not able to show "how" did they get that money. I know some students have been deported recently who had similar argument as you "it's their savings"...

I'll advise you to make sure that everything is according to the given information on migri / the information you have at the moment. If all your paperwork is correct and complete, you will definitely get your residence permit.. And please! don't try to be smart or play the system.. Good luck for you :beer_yum:
Last edited by biryvih on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

biryvih

Post by biryvih » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:36 am

[Deleted]

zzeebbii

Post by zzeebbii » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:40 am

The money is not illegal. I worked as a freelancer and I earend it. As far as proof does matter, I can show all the transactions that I got on my Payoneer. It's a service like PayPal which is used by freelancer to get money from their clients. So, I am asking if it's ok that I show them all the transactions in my payoneer account. This way it can be traced back to my freelancing and my clients who paid the money.

biryvih

Post by biryvih » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:47 pm

The money is not illegal.
I know and you know, but they don't know that.
I am asking if it's ok that I show them all the transactions in my payoneer account.
When it comes to Immigration in Finland, it is like running a computer program. If you give the right and all the commands, the program will execute the desired results. But if you give partial commands, than you will get system error...

So, any account which offers some proof about your money will work in your favor.

zzeebbii

Post by zzeebbii » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:51 pm

So, any account which offers some proof about your money will work in your favor.
Thank you for your reply. I will upload my bank statement as well as my transaction report from Payoneer and will see what happens. If they'll demand something else, I'll ask them what they'll need.

I hope it'll be enough and I'll not be rejected from RP, as it's really important for me.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Documentation of reporting income and paying income taxes is what they will probably want if you have a Paypal like account. Happened to me when I used my rental income as means of support, which was paid through PayPal. Once I sent them my income tax filings, they were happy.

zzeebbii

Post by zzeebbii » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:55 pm

heretostay wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:52 pm
Documentation of reporting income and paying income taxes is what they will probably want if you have a Paypal like account
As my income is not above a certain level, so income tax is not applied to my income and that's why I don't have any income tax document.

biryvih

Post by biryvih » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:25 pm

As my income is not above a certain level, so income tax is not applied to my income and that's why I don't have any income tax document.
Since we don't know the tax system in your home country, for us it will be hard to give you the exact answer. I'd say make a quick call to Finnish Immigration (Migri) and ask them directly. :beer_yum:

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 am

Point isn't the tax papers, point is that you should have some proof that you got your money legally. Did you make the freelance contracts orally?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.