Can i move to finland?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ArwenCz

Can i move to finland?

Post by ArwenCz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:59 am

Hello.
I am from Czech (EU) and i have boyfriend from Finland. We are together almost 2 years and we decided its best time to move. So we started planning moving me to finland. We made room for my work at his place and found every paper we need to fill. Everybody was telling me it will not be a problem and we already planned whole moving. But i was checking some disscusions and it dont looks that easy to me to get registrated.
I mean we are in usuall relationship. We didnt have wedding or anything. I want start my own bussines after i will move to finland, so i dont have work at finland right now (and all money will go to moving so i will not have any left). And my boyfriend is ill and he cant work cuz of it so he is just getting money from goverment (Kela). I expect i will make money right after i will start my own bussines but i cant start it before moving cuz Czech would ruin me. So can i move to finland? or will it be a problem?

Can i move to finland?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Can i move to finland?

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:20 am

ArwenCz wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:59 am
I am from Czech (EU) and i have boyfriend from Finland. We are together almost 2 years and we decided its best time to move. So we started planning moving me to finland. We made room for my work at his place and found every paper we need to fill. Everybody was telling me it will not be a problem and we already planned whole moving. But i was checking some disscusions and it dont looks that easy to me to get registrated.
I mean we are in usuall relationship. We didnt have wedding or anything. I want start my own bussines after i will move to finland, so i dont have work at finland right now (and all money will go to moving so i will not have any left). And my boyfriend is ill and he cant work cuz of it so he is just getting money from goverment (Kela). I expect i will make money right after i will start my own bussines but i cant start it before moving cuz Czech would ruin me. So can i move to finland? or will it be a problem?
You can move and start working without any registration. At 90 days you can register or get a permit based on, for example, the following:
  • Having shared an address with your boyfriend for two years
  • Having enough income to support yourself

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:35 am

Be aware that during this first period until you register you are just a tourist. That might be a problem in getting a bank account and so on. Which in turn might become a problem in the registration.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:21 pm

rinso wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:35 am
Be aware that during this first period until you register you are just a tourist. That might be a problem in getting a bank account and so on. Which in turn might become a problem in the registration.
Assuming the local register office considers the boyfriend a family member, it's possible to get a municipality of residence without the EU registration. Having a municipality of residence solves the banking etc problems.