No exit stamp?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
knight22

No exit stamp?

Post by knight22 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi everyone,

When I left finland and came back to my home country the finnish immigration authority didn't put any exit stamp on my passport.
My questions is: I am applying again for a residence permit from my home country, will it have any effect if there isn't any exit stamp? Or they can just track my exit/entry just by my passport number? My permit expired in August 2017.

Thank you

No exit stamp?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: No exit stamp?

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:06 pm

knight22 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:59 pm
When I left finland and came back to my home country the finnish immigration authority didn't put any exit stamp on my passport.
My questions is: I am applying again for a residence permit from my home country, will it have any effect if there isn't any exit stamp? Or they can just track my exit/entry just by my passport number? My permit expired in August 2017.
There are no digital records for exit and entry yet.

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/press ... e-council/

If they inquire, you should have, for example, flight records to show when you left.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:37 pm

Did you had a visa or residence permit when you exited? If you have residence permit then is normal they don't stamp your passport but they will record your exit into into "foreigners registry".

knight22

Post by knight22 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:53 pm

tavastia wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:37 pm
Did you had a visa or residence permit when you exited? If you have residence permit then is normal they don't stamp your passport but they will record your exit into into "foreigners registry".
Yes, I had a residence permit when I exited. Thank you for the clarification