How to track application progress (applied paper application)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
undertakerfreak
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Re: How to track application progress (applied paper application)

Post by undertakerfreak » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:36 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:23 am
undertakerfreak wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 am
It's not like being able to check the progress of my application online is going to make it go any faster.
That's precisely what it's like. Application fees are lower and processing time is shorter with online applications. Plus, you fill everything online so you go to the embassy/Migri just to show your other papers, so you decrease the time to spend there. Applying online is tangibly superior.
Yeah, well, no one told me that. If you could find a source that says you get a quicker decision online, I’d appreciate it. All it means to me is I’ll get to be here for a bit longer with my wife.



Re: How to track application progress (applied paper application)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

artistlsm321
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: How to track application progress (applied paper application)

Post by artistlsm321 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:11 pm

tavastia wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:07 am
You shall be able to start working, I belive you had a student permit before and now you apply for specialist.

About the following online don't worry too much as there is not much to follow as it's mostly staying into "waiting for processing" state....only if they need some additional stuff will take longer as they will ask by post.
Thanks Tavastia,

I used to have a student permit as I studied here for master.
Actually I applied a extension residence permit as employed person which will take 4 months.
Therefore, I would change the ground of application to as specialist by online next Monday.
But before do that, I will need check the current status of application.
Then I hope I can start work soon !! I actually don't understand why the Migri officer didn't recommend this way. I lost 3 weeks..
Anyway, hope everything is fine next week!

Also applying by online is 1 month quicker than paper application in general. you can find this info by processing time calculator. if you check 'online' applied, you will get 1 month earlier result.

Thanks,


undertakerfreak
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Re: How to track application progress (applied paper application)

Post by undertakerfreak » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:50 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:23 am
undertakerfreak wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 am
It's not like being able to check the progress of my application online is going to make it go any faster.
That's precisely what it's like. Application fees are lower and processing time is shorter with online applications. Plus, you fill everything online so you go to the embassy/Migri just to show your other papers, so you decrease the time to spend there. Applying online is tangibly superior.
BFD. I got it taken care of either way, and I get to wait here with my wife. Any additional time it takes is just fine by me.


ynginvstr
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: How to track application progress (applied paper application)

Post by ynginvstr » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:03 am

Someone in May was informed by MIGRI --via e-mail-- that they were processing the applications submitted in October 2017.

I applied in December 2017 -- According to the Processing Time Checker I will receive a decision between July and September. (7 months - 9 months)

so:
May -- October.
June -- November
July -- December.

October : 322 Applications submitted
November: 247 Applications submitted
December: 214 Applications submitted

-> From October to December: 783 Applications submitted

They make 222 decisions every month on average (According to Migri Statistics).
Which means: 55 decisions every week on average -- 11 decisions everyday

783 - 222 - 77 = 484 applications to reach the last application submitted in December. :D

You can do the same process to track your application without asking Migri.

-----------------------------------

However though, I believe this 7 months time that you have to wait to get a decision on your RP is applied only on non-eu citizens. That day I read on here a Danish girl received a decision within a week. :) Doesn't make any sense, and it sucks.


Upphew
Posts: 10202
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: How to track application progress (applied paper application)

Post by Upphew » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:01 am

ynginvstr wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:03 am
However though, I believe this 7 months time that you have to wait to get a decision on your RP is applied only on non-eu citizens. That day I read on here a Danish girl received a decision within a week. :) Doesn't make any sense, and it sucks.
EU citizens don't need RP, free movement and all that jizz. Not to mention that Denmark is part of Nordic countries. http://www.maistraatti.fi/en/Services/p ... 0countries
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


Aloosh
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: How to track application progress (applied paper application)

Post by Aloosh » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:04 am

ynginvstr wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:03 am
Someone in May was informed by MIGRI --via e-mail-- that they were processing the applications submitted in October 2017.

I applied in December 2017 -- According to the Processing Time Checker I will receive a decision between July and September. (7 months - 9 months)

so:
May -- October.
June -- November
July -- December.

October : 322 Applications submitted
November: 247 Applications submitted
December: 214 Applications submitted

-> From October to December: 783 Applications submitted

They make 222 decisions every month on average (According to Migri Statistics).
Which means: 55 decisions every week on average -- 11 decisions everyday

783 - 222 - 77 = 484 applications to reach the last application submitted in December. :D

You can do the same process to track your application without asking Migri.

-----------------------------------

However though, I believe this 7 months time that you have to wait to get a decision on your RP is applied only on non-eu citizens. That day I read on here a Danish girl received a decision within a week. :) Doesn't make any sense, and it sucks.
That is incorrect info!! Probably your referring to decisions made by the Labor office (TE) and not Migri. I had applied in September 2017- received Partial decision in March 2018 and still waiting for the decision from Migri.


tavastia
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: How to track application progress (applied paper application)

Post by tavastia » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:53 am

+ Danish don't need even a passport to travel within the Nordic countries...


ynginvstr
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: How to track application progress (applied paper application)

Post by ynginvstr » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:01 am

Aloosh wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:04 am
That is incorrect info!! Probably your referring to decisions made by the Labor office (TE) and not Migri. I had applied in September 2017- received Partial decision in March 2018 and still waiting for the decision from Migri.
It is approximate. :) I didn't say it is absolutely correct.
And all those numbers are based on the statistics available on : http://statistics.migri.fi/ -- be these statistics from Migri or whoever, they are talking about what I'm concerned about. :)

STATISTICS:
Spouse of a Finnish citizen
Decisions 1/2015 - 3/2018 (39 months)
In total 8,654 decisions

8,654 decisions / 39 months = Gives you 'the average' of how many decisions made every month.

8,654 / 39 = 221.8 ~222.

- 222 decisions are made every month ON AVERAGE.
- It means 55 decisions made every week. (222/4=55) (ON AVERAGE)
- There are 5 working days in the week. -> 55/5 = 11 decisions made everyday. (ON AVERAGE)

I don't understand where was I wrong?

And remember that I don't disagree that each application is unique.


ynginvstr
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: How to track application progress (applied paper application)

Post by ynginvstr » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 am

tavastia wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:53 am
+ Danish don't need even a passport to travel within the Nordic countries...
I'm aware. :)
The point was about receiving a decision on the residence permit. There are people that are in Finland and waited at least 5 months.


tavastia
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: How to track application progress (applied paper application)

Post by tavastia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:34 am

ynginvstr wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 am
I'm aware.
The point was about receiving a decision on the residence permit. There are people that are in Finland and waited at least 5 months.
Danish? Residence permit? Is not required!


ynginvstr
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: How to track application progress (applied paper application)

Post by ynginvstr » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 pm

hiworld wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:48 pm

i got married in denmark on 6th feb, apply online for residence permit in finland on 15th, proved identity on 21st, received positive decision on 27th Feb. now only waiting card to arrive

the whole process was sooo much easy and super fast then i thought

-----

Now, that I have checked. I guess, this person was not a EU-Citizen?

But, the point was: a decision made in that short time (6 days), proves that her application was not in the queue, but processed immediately, ignoring the thousands of other applications, or maybe they process what's easier for them.


Post Reply