Residence permit application on the basis of family ties when your spouse is a Finnish citizen 2017- 2018

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
undertakerfreak

Re: Residence permit application on the basis of family ties when your spouse is a Finnish citizen 2017- 2018

Post by undertakerfreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 pm

latikajamal wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:48 pm
undertakerfreak wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:31 pm
latikajamal wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:18 pm

I dont know, maybe I'm pregnant that time😊
Try to search my recent post (pregnant,unmarried)
If I have time,I will continue posting on my thread based on my experiences here in Finland 😊
So, you mean to tell me that you applied for a RP and got a positive decision in THREE WEEKS?

This reeks of shadiness. I'm willing to bet your husband, given his social status, greased some palms with cash along the way.
Hahaha😂 Do you think it's possible here in Finland?
I think something else had to be at work if everyone else here has been waiting months and months, and yours was fast-tracked in as little as three weeks.

Re: Residence permit application on the basis of family ties when your spouse is a Finnish citizen 2017- 2018

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:00 pm

undertakerfreak wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 pm
latikajamal wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:48 pm
undertakerfreak wrote:

So, you mean to tell me that you applied for a RP and got a positive decision in THREE WEEKS?

This reeks of shadiness. I'm willing to bet your husband, given his social status, greased some palms with cash along the way.
Hahaha😂 Do you think it's possible here in Finland?
I think something else had to be at work if everyone else here has been waiting months and months, and yours was fast-tracked in as little as three weeks.
I hope soon you will have a positive result and also to the rest of the people here waiting.
I read Some received at the same day, some for 2weeks and some waited for months. I'm very happy and grateful that I am one of them who got it so fast.be patient and be positive 😊

M00nbean

Post by M00nbean » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:04 pm

undertakerfreak wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:34 pm
M00nbean wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:19 pm

As of today I have proved my identity at the immigration office in Helsinki (which was packed and smelled like body odor btw) and my application now says "waiting for processing". Just to be clear you cannot receive a personal identification code until after you have gotten your residence permit, as clarified per the immigration officer who assisted me and my hubs.
BS. I applied for an RP in May and registered my municipality of residence soon after, and they gave me a personal identity code in the mail within a week. Please don't spread false information.
First of all, no need to be rude.

This is what I was told at the immigration office by the immigration officer himself. This thread is to share our personal experiences and that is what I did. He may or may not have been wrong, either way that is what I was told. After all, they did seem to be in a hurry what with all of the people in the waiting rooms.

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:46 pm

undertakerfreak wrote:
latikajamal wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:18 pm
undertakerfreak wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:11 pm

How in the blue hell did you get everything approved so quickly? I've been waiting for three months and I haven't heard so much as a peep.
I dont know, maybe I'm pregnant that time😊
Try to search my recent post (pregnant,unmarried)
If I have time,I will continue posting on my thread based on my experiences here in Finland 😊

I have proofed cases, where fi-thai couples got rp under month... My wife still waiting... Another one of those
couples fill application same day than my wife. No kids whatsoever... ANNOYING :evil:

elNino

Post by elNino » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:21 pm

:)
Last edited by elNino on Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

undertakerfreak

Post by undertakerfreak » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:21 am

elNino wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:21 pm
Hey Everybody,, i'm new here, my wife is a Finnish Citzen, i'm 23, and she is 21 years old, We met online in 2014, then she visited me 3 times, in 2015, 2017 (got engaged) and August 2018 (we got married), i've never been in Finland because i need a Tourist visa which is so complicated.
Today She went to register our marriage, they took copies of Marriage Contract + the english Translation with their apostiles, and they told her that will takes maximum 1 month, and that i can't apply before that.
So i created account in enterfinland.fi , and i'm willing to apply right away after the marriage is registered in Finland

1 - i wanna ask about this section, and what should the right thing to be written here,

"Please state whether there is any other purpose for your residence permit application than that stated above which you wish to declare. You may also state any other facts or additional information that are relevant for your application or for your coming to Finland. You can also attach a separate document if necessary."

2 - Can i attach the Pictures of weddings, chat history, packages receipts and my criminal record (which is so clean).to raise the chances of obtaining a residence permit and to reduce the time of processing ?

3 - When i will go to prove my identity, should i take original marriage certificate with me, (cause my wife took it with her for registration)

Thanks in advance. wish the best to all
1. What do you plan to do if you're approved for a RP? Write your future plans. Work, study, business, whatever. But for now, you're applying for a RP on the basis of family ties, and that's about all you have in that department.

2. Rest assured, immigration will be checking your criminal history either way, so don't bother bringing your history. Nothing you can show them for a RP application will make your application process go faster. I'm clean as a whistle crime-wise, and I've been waiting over three months without so much as a peep from Migri. Not even an interview yet. However, the chat histories and photos and whatnot could come in handy for when they interview you to ensure your marriage isn't a sham. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones and inexplicably (and suspiciously) get your RP in a week. Who knows.

3. Yes, you need originals of ALL documents that you submit on your electronic application. Copies won't do. Also, be aware that you have three months to prove your identity, so that gives you plenty of time to get your original back. Why would she need it though? When I married my wife here, we both got certificates, and I've never needed more than just my own for any immigration business.

Good luck.

Nkosi

Post by Nkosi » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:03 am

submitted my application and identification made 08.08.18
decision made 24.08.18 (to my amazement)
residence permit card will arrive in 2/3 weeks as per the note from migri.

undertakerfreak

Post by undertakerfreak » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:35 pm

Nkosi wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:03 am
Some of you people are either really @#$% lucky or something is up with these really quick decisions.

elNino

Post by elNino » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:42 pm

Nkosi wrote:
Oh Congrats, that's was fast,
when you applied, did you attached extra supporting documents ?

Nkosi

Post by Nkosi » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:39 am

undertakerfreak wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:35 pm
Nkosi wrote:
Some of you people are either really @#$% lucky or something is up with these really quick decisions.
Couldn't believe my luck either man especially after all the stuff I've been reading here.

Nkosi

Post by Nkosi » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:40 am

elNino wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:42 pm
Nkosi wrote:
Yes i did.

alberti

Post by alberti » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 am

Amazing. In 3 weeks !! .My wife waiting now 9 months. Still waiting to be processed in Enter Finland. So frustrated. That silly processing checker tells it takes longer if additional info is needed. But never heard any sound from Migri. Quiker to get pregnant, deliver baby then get RP :D :ohno: :lightbulb:

undertakerfreak

Post by undertakerfreak » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:05 am

alberti wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 am
Amazing. In 3 weeks !! .My wife waiting now 9 months. Still waiting to be processed in Enter Finland. So frustrated. That silly processing checker tells it takes longer if additional info is needed. But never heard any sound from Migri. Quiker to get pregnant, deliver baby then get RP :D :ohno: :lightbulb:
I've read far more stories of people waiting nine months and longer than these lucky people who get them in under a month, so at this point, I'm just planning on waiting the full nine months. I knew the guy at the Migri office was just blowing sunshine up my ass when he said given how well-prepared I was, it should be quick.

Bureaucracy. Gotta send the folks home hopeful.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:10 am

Expect to wait as much they are estimating. There some exceptions always but just few.

elNino

Post by elNino » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:14 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes i did.
[/quote]

i'm happy for you, Can you please tell us what those supporting documents you attached, ? as long i didn't apply yet, (waiting for our marriage to be registered in maistraatti cause they told to my wife this will take maximum 3 weeks)