best area for living in finland?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
hiworld

Post by hiworld » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:01 pm

any recommendation for best area to live in finland? im asian and planning to move to finland in august ... i will work remotely and plan to have finnish class few times per week so i guess i dont necessary live in city center.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: best area for living in finland?

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:13 am

Apart from having the Finnish lessons available within a reasonable distance, it depeds mostly on your preferences and budget. You should provide more information if you're expecting more specific answers.

TSharp

Post by TSharp » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:45 am

Is there a good travel book or some other resource to get an idea of the climate and lifestyle of some of the different areas?

That could be helpful for general information, and it is something that I am looking for.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:17 am

Climate: further north - colder, less sunlight during the winter, more sunlight during the summer. Further south - the opposite. On the Baltic sea coast - more wind, less snow. Futher inland - the opposite.

Lifestyle, what can one say... more people in cities, the more "niche" one's interests are, the better the chance to find like-minded people and possibilities for those, also the less others care about what you do or don't do. Then again, if you're more of a recluse, be-one-with-the-nature type of person, the cities aren't the best for that. Beyond the obvious, it's much more about the person rather than the surroundings, there may be some regional differences here and there, but one can do their own thing anywhere. Want to live in a city? Helsinki, Turku, Tampere, Oulu, Kuopio,... there's nothing that would generally sway it one way or the other, it REALLY depends mostly on what one wants, as individual preferences always surpass generalizations.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:37 am

If 'working remote's requires good internet access you should check out coverage before deciding where to live. There are still many places where 4G is unreliable.