What do you think?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Thall00

What do you think?

Post by Thall00 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:36 pm

- I'm a non-EU citizen.
- Applicant for a First Residence Permit on the basis of Family Ties (spouse of a Finnish Citizen).
- About 3 years of age difference between me and my spouse — I'm older. (we are in our 20's)
- Me and my spouse first met online.
- After 6-7 months we met in real life — spent 2 weeks together.
- 2 weeks was not enough. So a month after, we met again in real life — spent 2 weeks together.
- After that, we decided to get married to be together — putting an end to the painful goodbyes, and to live the life we both wish for.
- We got married — in a visit that lasted a month and half.
- 4 months later, after I had finished my university, I applied for a First Residence Permit on the basis of Family Ties. (on paper)
- 4 months after I'd applied, my spouse came to me and stayed with me 2 months.
- Few days after she'd left, MIGRI sent my spouse a letter suggesting that I should be interviewed at the embassy.
- Right now waiting to be interviewed at the embassy.

Now, me and my spouse are wondering how on earth would it be possible for us to make MIGRI believe that our relationship/marriage is legitimate in case they suspect that. (we actually believe, that the fact that they want to interview me/us is based on the fact that they suspect something. no?)

What do you guys think? Should I worry about anything?

Do they believe in swearing? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I doubt that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What do you think?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Voliksenda

Re: What do you think?

Post by Voliksenda » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 pm

I've heard some people were asked to show common photos, or some other artifacts proving that you were actually spending time together. Tickets, hotel reservations, etc.

Thall00

Post by Thall00 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Voliksenda wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 pm
some people were asked to show common photos
We only have taken pictures with our phones. Do I print some of them and take them with me in the day of the interview?
Voliksenda wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 pm
Tickets, hotel reservations, etc.
We stayed at my place. :roll:

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:01 am

Interview it's a normal procedure, just tell the truth and you will be fine.

Lancer_MiG

Post by Lancer_MiG » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm pretty sure that printing out pics that you can visibly date from a long time ago (one of you having lost/gained weight since, visibly different season, during an event that happened on one specific day...) will help a lot if you don't have any train tickets, hotel receipts etc.

Have you ordered something online? If you were at your place, and if your wife has ordered something (anything, clothing, pizza, a registration to a site or online service, whatever) at your address, it can show that she's been living with you. Plus, you always receive e-mails when ordering something, so...

march9320

Post by march9320 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Where are you from? My situation is a bit similar to yours. We are getting married in October!

Kössi K

Post by Kössi K » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:46 pm

I'm copying my answer of a similar thing from another thread here, below. It is very normal to be asked for an interview at the Embassy, or in some cases, the police station in Finland. In most cases it's just a formality. I wish they'd mentioned the possibility of that when contacting migri for the actual application, so it wouldn't spook people so much.

We also went for an interview at the local police HQ a few weeks after submitting the application, it's common practice here apparently.
We were not asked to bring any photos, tickets or anything like that. I asked them about it when they called me for scheduling the appointment time. They only wanted the marriage certificate, the usual ID and earlier res.permit papers/card, and then they scanned+copied those for their records. Although they said they can see the marriage info in their database too, via Maistraatti.
So, I'd suggest either calling them and asking yourself, or just asking about it when they contact you for scheduling the meeting, just in case there are other preferences depending on the interviewer. Here they seemed to think 'less is more', frankly.

They interviewed us both individually, and then with both present, just asking general info. Basically going through the same questions we already replied in the application. None of those questions like 'What colour are your bedroom curtains?' were asked. :D We pondered if they would, as had naturally read about those scenarios somewhere, too. I think the most personal questions were whether either of us had met the spouse's parents or siblings, and their names. I guess it varies case by case.
Joha mie sanoi, vaikken mittää virkkant.

Suppeh

Post by Suppeh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Sorry if I am little bit offtopic here, but I thought that to get that residence permit through marriage I thought it was a requirment to live together for 2 years?

HannahBanana

Post by HannahBanana » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 am

Suppeh wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:05 pm
Sorry if I am little bit offtopic here, but I thought that to get that residence permit through marriage I thought it was a requirment to live together for 2 years?
No, that's if you're not married but cohabiting.