Resident Permit decision will be delivered by Police?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
dfps

Post by dfps » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Wonder if anyone had similar situations:

I have applied for an extended resident permit Sept. 2017 based on employment.
The partial decision of the TE office was made on Feb. 2018.
Today from my Enter Finland Account there is a notification that the decision is made. However, there is no indication on whether the decision is positive or negative. It only says:

"The decision will be served on you by the authorities. Please wait for the authorities to contact you."

My friend had similar experience told me that she received a PDF of the positive decision on EnterFinland page.

So I called Migri and the customer service told me that I will get contacted by police for the decision.

Is it normal? Does it mean that the decision is negative if now the decision delivery goes to police?

Many thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Aloosh

Re: Resident Permit decision will be delivered by Police?

Post by Aloosh » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:16 pm

dfps wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Today from my Enter Finland Account there is a notification that the decision is made. However, there is no indication on whether the decision is positive or negative. It only says:

"The decision will be served on you by the authorities. Please wait for the authorities to contact you."

My friend had similar experience told me that she received a PDF of the positive decision on EnterFinland page.

So I called Migri and the customer service told me that I will get contacted by police for the decision.

Is it normal? Does it mean that the decision is negative if now the decision delivery goes to police?

Many thanks!
Which date did you receive your partial decision from TE?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:22 pm

I'd advise against thinking too much into this. A while ago when I was renewing my residence permit, it took 6 days for the PDF decision to appear in the online service after I received the notification (email and SMS) that the decision was made. For all you know, this is a generic message as they're waiting to prepare the decision papers for you.

Wait and see
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

dfps

Post by dfps » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Aloosh wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:16 pm
dfps wrote:

Many thanks!
14th of Feb.

dfps

Post by dfps » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:56 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:22 pm
I'd advise against thinking too much into this. A while ago when I was renewing my residence permit, it took 6 days for the PDF decision to appear in the online service after I received the notification (email and SMS) that the decision was made. For all you know, this is a generic message as they're waiting to prepare the decision papers for you.

Wait and see
Thanks!
But the person who I called said very clearly that the police will give me the decision. Was it the same for you in the end?

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Unfortunately, possible refusal of entry.

Aloosh

Post by Aloosh » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:35 am

Was it a positive decision from TE office?

Aloosh

Post by Aloosh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:15 am

dfps wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:55 pm
Aloosh wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:16 pm
dfps wrote:

Many thanks!
14th of Feb.
So have you checked about your decision with TE office?

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:19 am

Aloosh wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:35 am
Do they tell those now? A few years ago I asked about mine while waiting for my permit and all the police would tell me was hat the decision had been made. Tried to pry out of them if it was positive or negative but they wouldn’t budge.

Aloosh

Post by Aloosh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:35 am

heretostay wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:19 am
Aloosh wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:35 am
Do they tell those now? A few years ago I asked about mine while waiting for my permit and all the police would tell me was hat the decision had been made. Tried to pry out of them if it was positive or negative but they wouldn’t budge.
It is the TE office which can advise on the decision, not Migri!!

dfps

Post by dfps » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:34 pm

So guys the decision was negative from TE office thus also the migration.

After some advices from the lawyers, I am going to appeal the decision. Then apply for a first resident permit based on entrepreneurship. So I can continue working in Finland in the meanwhile.

So the reason for rejection was that in 2017 I didn't pay myself enough salary... but if I apply for entrepreneur one then there is no salary restriction and anyway if I can proof my source of living it should be all good.

Aloosh

Post by Aloosh » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:24 pm

dfps wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:34 pm

After some advices from the lawyers, I am going to appeal the decision. Then apply for a first resident permit based on entrepreneurship. So I can continue working in Finland in the meanwhile.

So the reason for rejection was that in 2017 I didn't pay myself enough salary... but if I apply for entrepreneur one then there is no salary restriction and anyway if I can proof my source of living it should be all good.
Good luck! Can you forward details of some good lawyers?.....Just incase.... Thanks.

Jayz12

Post by Jayz12 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:08 am

How long it takes to to get positive post from the immigration after the decision has been made

Carino11

Post by Carino11 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:53 pm

dfps wrote:

Hello. So whay news . Do u applied for new ground or u appealed. Please let me knew how to do. Because i received negative decision.or some good lawyer.thanks

CCForest

Post by CCForest » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:25 am

dfps wrote:

Best wishes for you to next application! How much should be paid as salary of employed person? More than 1200/kk euro enough?