Finnish Citizen married to a pakistani

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Nadiasafi

Post by Nadiasafi » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:33 am

Hello
I am a Finnish citizen married to a pakistan start of this year. At the moment i am
Back to finland and trying to apply for his residence permit( visa) . I dont know anyone who got married to a pakistaniso asking here also i have called so many places from embassy to mastratti , no one answers anything related.

My questions are:

I want my husband to come and live with me here in finland so what would be the first step ?
What sort of forms do i or he needs to fill?
I have booked an interview time at the consulate in Abu Dhabi and no idea of the documents i meed to take?
One of my friend said I might need to legalise my marriage certificate and register here in Finland, is that correct? If yes how do i legalise my marriage certificate thats with me in finland? By the way i went to mastratti they are hopeless ,
As you can see from my questions i am very confused any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance , will be waiting for your kind responses .

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Finnish Citizen married to a pakistani

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:25 am

There's a step-by-step guide in https://migri.fi/en/i-am-a-family-membe ... eu-citizen

Naturally it is your husband that has to apply for the visa, you cannot do it on his behalf.

You register your marriage by delivering your original marriage certificate (legal where is it from) to Maistraatti. You will have to deal with them, there's no way around that. It's not that rare an occurrence that they wouldn't know how it's done. Note that a marriage certificate must be officially translated (i.e. by an authorized translator) to Finnish, Swedish or English, if not already in those languages. Do a Google search "auktorisoitu kääntäjä" to find companies which are providing those services. A list of translators is available in http://www03.oph.fi/kaantajat/ , but it doesn't provide direct contact information (you will have to do some more digging around trying to find those).

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Contact the Finnish Embassy in Islamabad to ask about the document legalisation.

Generally the process is 2 steps, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (of the document’s country) first stamps the document to certify it and then the embassy of Finland in that country stamps to certify that the first stamp is legitimate. With those 2 stamps and an official translation, then Maistraatti and Migri will accept it.

Nadiasafi

Post by Nadiasafi » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:51 pm

Thank you for the response,

There is no Finn Embassy in Pakistan . Its been stamped by the pakistani authorities and i have it with me in Finland. My husband ia going to lodge his application in abu Dhabi ( thats where the embassy is) . now that the marriage certificate does not have the finnish stamp, would i need to take it to Finn embassy in helsinki to legalise it .
I will give the embassy in here ( in Finland )a call to find out. Also i will be going to Abu Dhabi to join my husband during the lodgement but before that i want to make sure if Marriage certificate needs to be registered in finland.

Thanks once again

Nadiasafi

Post by Nadiasafi » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:57 pm

heretostay wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 pm
Contact the Finnish Embassy in Islamabad to ask about the document legalisation.

Generally the process is 2 steps, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (of the document’s country) first stamps the document to certify it and then the embassy of Finland in that country stamps to certify that the first stamp is legitimate. With those 2 stamps and an official translation, then Maistraatti and Migri will accept it.
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:25 am
There's a step-by-step guide in https://migri.fi/en/i-am-a-family-membe ... eu-citizen

Naturally it is your husband that has to apply for the visa, you cannot do it on his behalf.

You register your marriage by delivering your original marriage certificate (legal where is it from) to Maistraatti. You will have to deal with them, there's no way around that. It's not that rare an occurrence that they wouldn't know how it's done. Note that a marriage certificate must be officially translated (i.e. by an authorized translator) to Finnish, Swedish or English, if not already in those languages. Do a Google search "auktorisoitu kääntäjä" to find companies which are providing those services. A list of translators is available in http://www03.oph.fi/kaantajat/ , but it doesn't provide direct contact information (you will have to do some more digging around trying to find those).

Thank you for the link , very helpfull.

I might have asked a wrong question as i said before i am confused so they might have not understood my question clearly :D .

The marriage certificate is In English so thats not a problem. But Do i have to register before my husband applys or after he comes to finland ?
Thanks

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:13 am

Nadiasafi wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:57 pm
The marriage certificate is In English so thats not a problem. But Do i have to register before my husband applys or after he comes to finland ?
Thanks
Yes you do. http://www.maistraatti.fi/fi/Palvelut/o ... svelvoite/ "Maaliskuun 2010 alusta voimaan tullut laki väestötietojärjestelmästä ja Väestörekisterikeskuksen varmennepalveluista (661/2009) velvoittaa ulkomailla oleskelevan Suomen kansalaisen ilmoittamaan välittömästi ulkomailla oleskelunsa aikana tapahtuneista henkilötietojen muutoksista, muun muassa lapsen syntymästä, avioliitosta, avioerosta, nimenmuutoksesta ja osoitteenmuutoksista." being the relevant bit.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Upphew wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:13 am
Yes you do. http://www.maistraatti.fi/fi/Palvelut/o ... svelvoite/ "Maaliskuun 2010 alusta voimaan tullut laki väestötietojärjestelmästä ja Väestörekisterikeskuksen varmennepalveluista (661/2009) velvoittaa ulkomailla oleskelevan Suomen kansalaisen ilmoittamaan välittömästi ulkomailla oleskelunsa aikana tapahtuneista henkilötietojen muutoksista, muun muassa lapsen syntymästä, avioliitosta, avioerosta, nimenmuutoksesta ja osoitteenmuutoksista." being the relevant bit.
The residency of the poster is not mentioned in the thread but I assume it's in Finland which would make the quote irrelevant. However, the same law also mandates residents in Finland to update the information.

Nadiasafi

Post by Nadiasafi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Thank you guys,
I went to Mastratti and they said they wont be able to register as yet because my marriage certificate ( overseas) is not legalised. So when i go to Dubai for the lodgement of the forms i will legalise that in the embassy of Finn. After i retun only than i can register my marriage.

Just to be sure, for my husband to lodge his application , beside passport copy (both mine and his) photos marriage certificate. What else do we need to take with us ? Should be taking my wedding pictures and records of calls or contact ?

Thanks guys your information has helped me a lot

Nadiasafi

Post by Nadiasafi » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:14 am

Hei
Just wondering , so my husband conpleted his form online and struggling to upload documents,the site dowsnt not accelt big files so how do we upload our wedding pictures and screen shots of our calls and all?? Do we paste all those pictures on words doc and convert to pdf and then upload? .
Also should i make a seperate account in enterfinland to upload my form pk 2 ? Upload it in the same account my husband made and attach it in the other attachment section?
If anyone can help please,

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Nadiasafi wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:14 am
Hei
Just wondering , so my husband conpleted his form online and struggling to upload documents,the site dowsnt not accelt big files so how do we upload our wedding pictures and screen shots of our calls and all?? Do we paste all those pictures on words doc and convert to pdf and then upload? .
Almost all picture editor softwares can shrink pictures. And the picture is still readable (hmmm, can I write readable :roll: )
You can create PDF document with pictures aswell, but still, you have to shrink pictures when exporting PDF OR beforehand before pasteing pictures to text editor for creating PDF file. Anyway. Max size / file is 4mb...

Melkein mikä tahansa kuvankäsittelyohjelma kykenee pienentämään kuvien resoluutiota / kokoa siten, että kuva on vielä ok, mutta koko
murto-osa. Toki voi tehdä myös PDF tiedoston kuvista, mutta joka tapauksessa maksimikoko / tiedosto on 4mb. Eli vaikka tekisi pdf tiedostonkin, niin kuvat joutuu silti käsittelemään joko pdf luontivaiheessa tai ennenkuin ne liittää pdf tiedostoon.
Nadiasafi wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:14 am
Also should i make a seperate account in enterfinland to upload my form pk 2 ? Upload it in the same account my husband made and attach it in the other attachment section?
If anyone can help please,
NO! You have to scan (or send by post) it for your spouse. He should then upload it to enterfinland OR if you have login details, you can upload it to enterfinland. HOWEVER! At least at Bangkok finnish embassy required printed and signed PK2 with my spouse when interviewed.

Ei! Skannaat jossain PK2 paperisi ja pistät sen menemään siipallesi (tai lähetät postissa), joka sitten lataa sen enterfinlandiin TAI jos olet saanut häneltä tunnukset, niin lisäät sen itse sinne. KUITENKIN! Ainakin bangkokin suomen suurlähetystö halusi myös printatun ja allekirjoitetun version itse haastatteluun mukaan.

inkku

Post by inkku » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:33 am

What I don't understand are all these people who are Finnish citizens but apparently do not know much Finnish? how is it possible to gain citizenship, that is supposed to be quite a a big step?

Nadiasafi

Post by Nadiasafi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:44 am

I
inkku wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:33 am
What I don't understand are all these people who are Finnish citizens but apparently do not know much Finnish? how is it possible to gain citizenship, that is supposed to be quite a a big step?
Hei
I do understand Finnish and i am a proud citizen of Finland. I prodly speak Finnish and work in this beautiful country :).
First of all i write English because my husbnad does not understand finnish and whatever i ask and whatever reply i get from anyone in this forum i copy and paste it to him so he can read and understand . And I secondly, are we not allowed to write English ? I apologies if i have misunderstood the forum rules, and at last Thank you to all those that replies both in english and Finnish for me :) it means a lot and it has helped me and my husband with his application.

Regards

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:40 am

inkku wrote:
????????????????????????????????????

Gain citizenship???? People who borned at finland and have finnish parents are
automatically finnish citizens...

Welcome to the land of burocracy...
Last edited by jarikaija on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

inkku

Post by inkku » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:41 pm

Nadiasafi wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:44 am
I
inkku wrote:
Hei
I do understand Finnish and i am a proud citizen of Finland. I prodly speak Finnish and work in this beautiful country :). ....
well, to my understanding you are supposed to speak it rather well. The way how you managed to misspell one key word twice gave me an impression that you might understand but not write so well.

Nadiasafi

Post by Nadiasafi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:02 am

Hi
I am using my phone and for the last few replies each time i type , im either driving or at work so i do make mistakes also anteeksi, kirjoitan suomeksi tään jälkeen jos tarvitsen apua
toivoin että teillä ei ole mitään ongelmia enää

Kiitos ,