Registration of an EU citizen's right of residence

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Ree_

Post by Ree_ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Hello!

I'm new to these forums (but have been referring to here to try finding information) so apologies if this is in the wrong place!

I am currently living in Finland with my partner (Not married) and currently waiting for my registration of an EU citizen right of residence application to even be processed, and this has been 6 months waiting (5 since February - when my last supplement request was needed!)

Since I cannot get an estimated time for when my application will be processed from migri & the estimated time they have on offer says I get it when I go into one of their offices with an appointment (Already did to get my application started).

I just want to know if anyone else has any experience with the wait time for this and if anyone is still waiting to get an estimate for it!

I am quite frustrated with how their service has been and I'm hoping to hear back from them soon.

Again apologies if this is in the wrong section, but thank you to anyone who replies! :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

bm50
AKA cockney

Re: Registration of an EU citizen's right of residence

Post by bm50 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:07 pm

If you meet the requirements for registration, the Finnish Immigration Service will issue you a registration certificate. It will be given to you when you visit the Finnish Immigration Service. The certificate includes your name and address as well as the date of registration. If we are unable to give you a decision on your visit because some documents are missing, you will receive it later by post or in the e-service Enter Finland.

If you have applied for registration online, you will receive an email or a text message notification when a decision has been made.

The registration of your right of residence is valid until further notice. In other words, you do not have to extend the validity of the registration. When you have resided legally in Finland for a continuous period of five years, you have the right to permanent residence.

You will receive the registration certificate on paper. If you wish to have a Finnish identity card, you may apply for one from the police after the Finnish Immigration Service has registered your right of residence. Further information about applying for an identity card is available on the website of the Finnish police. Please notice that it is not obligatory to apply for an identity card. You may apply for one if you wish.

Hi, you should have been given the registration certificate at your appointment when you made the application if all the needed requirements were met.