RP approved in THREE WEEKS?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
undertakerfreak

Post by undertakerfreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Just read a story here about a pregnant woman from the Philippines having her RP processed and approved in three weeks, on top of getting her identity code and registration on the very day of her marriage.

How in the hell? Does Migri prioritize pregnant women or something? I know every case is different, but THREE WEEKS? Am I wrong for thinking there's something shady going on here for a non-EU citizen to have everything expedited like that?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Kössi K

Re: RP approved in THREE WEEKS?

Post by Kössi K » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:08 pm

Well, I don't know what the basis for the RP you mentioned is, but some get their RPs very quickly, like students.
My now-husband got his first RP in 2 weeks. Two. I kid you not. This was some 4 years ago, though. He got that based on the Working Holiday agreement, so perhaps they handle those as quickly as the student permits. I'm guessing the shorter RPs (B for 1 year and similar) could be processed faster, even if there are no rushed timelines, like starting the semester at the Uni.
All the other paperwork like personal ID code were processed very quickly, as well, iirc Kela card took 1-2 weeks to the mailbox.

For comparison, his continuous RP (A) arrived in 4 months, being pretty average back then, when all paperwork is in order. We did get the post-marriage interview in only 1.5 weeks from the application (at the local police station), but the decision handling then took a while longer.
Last edited by Kössi K on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joha mie sanoi, vaikken mittää virkkant.

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:09 pm

undertakerfreak wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:36 pm
Just read a story here about a pregnant woman from the Philippines having her RP processed and approved in three weeks, on top of getting her identity code and registration on the very day of her marriage.

How in the hell? Does Migri prioritize pregnant women or something? I know every case is different, but THREE WEEKS? Am I wrong for thinking there's something shady going on here for a non-EU citizen to have everything expedited like that?
If I remember correctly in this case, her husband was very wealthy, so maybe it's not what you know but Who you know!

alberti

Post by alberti » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:38 am

Yes pretty amazing. My wife is waiting now already soon for one year!! Still waiting to be processed from October 2017.
:

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:43 pm

alberti wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:38 am
Yes pretty amazing. My wife is waiting now already soon for one year!! Still waiting to be processed from October 2017.
:
There is something really wrong on process, since I KNOW 2 of fi-thai couple where Thai lady got
RP under month... My wife still waiting... And this happend within last 2 month...

KattyTheKityy

Post by KattyTheKityy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:01 pm

undertakerfreak wrote:

Some people experienced quicker process and most didn't unfortunately..I have just heard recently, a friend of mine got her RP in less than two weeks..She is not pregnant and her husband is not wealthy either..

undertakerfreak

Post by undertakerfreak » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:30 pm

I just find it more than suspicious when I hear people got their RP in a week or three weeks. I did everything by the book and then some, and I've been waiting for over three months, and I'm convinced it'll be another six until they finally get to me. I don't mind being able to wait here in Finland with my wife, but it's a pain in the ass because I can't have my own bank account or do much of anything of my own accord until they finally get their bureaucratic mitts on my application.

alberti

Post by alberti » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:13 am

Totally agree with above thread. 4 months ago the processor check tool on migri site showed 162 application in que. Now for last 3 months it has changed to 1552 applications in que .How this possible ? My wife waiting since October 2017. Find it also very strange to hear some people got it in a few weeks.

undertakerfreak

Post by undertakerfreak » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:13 pm

alberti wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:13 am
Totally agree with above thread. 4 months ago the processor check tool on migri site showed 162 application in que. Now for last 3 months it has changed to 1552 applications in que .How this possible ? My wife waiting since October 2017. Find it also very strange to hear some people got it in a few weeks.
Not the first instance I've seen of something like this, either. Low queue numbers upon submission, then they suddenly explode and people are left still waiting months later.

Also, it's these instances that make me laugh when people tell me "you should have done it online; it will be quicker!"

Really, now? Because the woman who got hers in three weeks did her application in person, and there are !"#¤% loads of people who applied online who have been waiting a long, long time. Doing my application online would have probably been more painful, because then I'd get to see the queue and become even more indignant about my wait.

I need to see if there's some kind of common thread that runs among the people who have gotten their RP in a month or less, because that's just @#$% ridiculous.

__mies__

Post by __mies__ » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:50 pm

undertakerfreak wrote:

My wife got a positive decision within 3 weeks also. She applied on basis of family ties at Finnish Embassy abroad. But that was a couple of years ago.

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:59 pm

i received a positive decision less than 5 days after submit the application online. my husband is not wealthy at all plus he didnt show any income statement. i heard some could get it within a day so i guess time is very variance in processing. so im not exactly sure what is their decision base on

Rasikko

Post by Rasikko » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:58 pm

9 months here, and the identity code/personal identity card took 2 months.

However I arrived to Finland, when the Police were transitioning the RP system over to the Migri, so I was on the long queue list thing.

undertakerfreak

Post by undertakerfreak » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:33 pm

hiworld wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:59 pm
i received a positive decision less than 5 days after submit the application online. my husband is not wealthy at all plus he didnt show any income statement. i heard some could get it within a day so i guess time is very variance in processing. so im not exactly sure what is their decision base on
You've gotta be @#$% kidding me.

Rasikko

Post by Rasikko » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:45 pm

Work and student RP are processed by far the fastest. Other methods, especially marriage, take the longest.

alberti

Post by alberti » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:53 am

So lost my patient, my wife `s RP was still waiting to be processed for 9 months. Called Migri(over a dozen time`but finally got through). They somehow apoligized , due to holiday time(staff shortage probably). An hour later in Enter Finland her application jumped from ; Waiting to be processed to Decision ready !!! Finally !! Oh yeah, and positive . Amazed . Just by one phone call making a positive decision within an hour ! Should have called earlier.