Moving to Finland with Finnish National

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Sean7oaks

Post by Sean7oaks » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi All

I have searched high and low and so far have been unable to locate the info and have come here in the hope someone can assist!

I live in the UK and will be looking to move to Finland next Winter (2019)

My wife is a Finnish national, as is our daughter.

If the UK remain in the EU then i see the process being simple enough but i am trying to understand the implications os us leaving on the process.

Icannot find anywhere an understanding of how you would approach the move from an non eu perspective when your Finnish nation partner is also moving there with you

Everythning seems to refer to the fact that in order for me to be eligible whe sould have to already be in Finland and be able to evidence via Finnish payslips her ability to support me over (?) time period.

Has anyone else gone through this or understand the process at all.

Many thanks for any help :)

Sean

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Zack999

Re: Moving to Finland with Finnish National

Post by Zack999 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:00 pm

My understanding is that if you are married to a Finnish citizen that there is no requirement to prove any income (this is . Details at: https://migri.fi/en/spouse-is-a-finnish citizen. There is a requirement that "your spouse lives in Finland or is going to move to Finland", but if you're both going to move there anyway that should not be an issue. If you have not already done so, your partner needs to register your marriage in Finland

Secondly, the UK has stated that agreement has been reached regarding the implementation period, so if this is true you should be ok if you move there before 31 December 2020 simply based on your British citizenship
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/advice-for- ... -in-the-eu

Not sure how solid that agreement is though, particularly if we get a hard Brexit.

Zack999

Post by Zack999 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Sean7oaks

Post by Sean7oaks » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Thanks Zach - much appreciated!

Will have a look through the links provided but thats more promising that anticipated!
Cheers
Sean