How do I get a legally acceptable copy of a foreign divorce cert. for marriage in Finland?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
macskamenta

How do I get a legally acceptable copy of a foreign divorce cert. for marriage in Finland?

Post by macskamenta » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Hello!

Hoping someone can help because I’m really confused. I’m planning to get married in Finland, but need a legal/acceptable copy of my divorce certificate from Hungary. I don't even know where to start.

Can I get an electronic copy (order online, I mean) and have that apostilled in Finland or does it have to be apostilled in Hungary, then brought to Finland and translated along with the apostille?

Or can the consulate get an apostilled copy? I’ve asked the consulate, but she wasn’t able to find me in their document system and now she’s on holiday. I’m wondering if I can maybe get it via the consulate in Sweden and have someone forward it to me. The honorary consulate in my city is authorized to do apostilles, but maybe that means of Finnish documents for use in Hungary.

Any ideas on how this process works? Advice much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic