Moving to Finland (Seinajoki)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
mdmithun

Post by mdmithun » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:27 pm

Hello Everyone,
This is Mithun, I am moving to Seinajoki, Finland in October 2018. I will be studying at Seamk. Please keep me in your prayers. Thanks to all.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

wolf80

Re: Moving to Finland (Seinajoki)

Post by wolf80 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:48 pm

mdmithun wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:27 pm
Hello Everyone,
This is Mithun, I am moving to Seinajoki, Finland in October 2018. I will be studying at Seamk. Please keep me in your prayers. Thanks to all.
If I were you I would keep the "keep me in your prayers" talk under lock as soon as you enter Finland. It is not customary to talk open about religion, and it easily might disturb people.

Otherwise, welcome, and try to adapt to the local culture soon.

llewellyn

Post by llewellyn » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:40 pm

wolf80 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:48 pm
mdmithun wrote:
Hello Everyone,
If I were you I would keep the "keep me in your prayers" talk under lock as soon as you enter Finland. It is not customary to talk open about religion, and it easily might disturb people.

Well, Seinäjoki is pretty much a part of the Bible Belt, so not so much out of the ordinary than in Helsinki - though the Finnish version of the Bible belt is pretty lame compared with the US...

Rasikko

Post by Rasikko » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:15 pm

It shouldn't be customary to talk openly about it anywhere, because people just can't handle the differences and just lose their cool. Like with politics. :roll:

Y77

Post by Y77 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:14 am

wolf80 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:48 pm
mdmithun wrote:
Hello Everyone,

yeah, especially considering that there is no god, and seinajoki is generally acknowleged ad being Finland's ugliest city, so goo luck! It's a win-win situation!