Time taken after Resindence Permit decision has been made electronically

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
amitrajput

Post by amitrajput » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:04 am

Hi All,

My Residence Permit decision has been Granted (approved) on 5th Sep , and until now (19Sep) , I have not received the Residence Permit .
I had applied for RP in India , and awaiting RP card arrival in New Delhi Embassy, India.

Does anyone has any idea how much time it usually takes for RP to arrive , after the decision has already been made.
Is it possible to travel without RP card, by just showing RP decision to immigration authorities (I hardly think of it though).

I have tried mailing/callimg Embassy, but they dotn have any status.Is there any other way to get exact status of RP card ?

Some leads/pointers will be highly appreciated :)

-Amit

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Time taken after Resindence Permit decision has been made electronically

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:07 pm

amitrajput wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:04 am
Is it possible to travel without RP card, by just showing RP decision to immigration authorities (I hardly think of it though).
You should ask the Finnish Border Guard.

https://www.raja.fi/contact

They should be able to see the permit in their system and the law does not seem to reference the card as a condition of entry.

"2) hänellä on voimassa oleva vaadittava viisumi, oleskelulupa taikka työntekijän tai yrittäjän oleskelulupa, jollei Euroopan unionin lainsäädännöstä tai Suomea sitovasta kansainvälisestä sopimuksesta muuta johdu;"

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 0301#L2P11

Entering Schengen through another country would be trickier since they do not have access to the Finnish Aliens Register.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:09 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:07 pm
amitrajput wrote:
You should ask the Finnish Border Guard.

https://www.raja.fi/contact

They should be able to see the permit in their system and the law does not seem to reference the card as a condition of entry.
Thinking about it a bit more it would be likely that the airline would not allow you to board in India since they would not be able to verify that you can enter Finland.

Aloosh

Post by Aloosh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:55 pm

amitrajput wrote:
Hi All,

My Residence Permit decision has been Granted (approved) on 5th Sep , and until now (19Sep) , I have not received the Residence Permit .
I had applied for RP in India , and awaiting RP card arrival in New Delhi Embassy, India.

Does anyone has any idea how much time it usually takes for RP to arrive , after the decision has already been made.

I have tried mailing/callimg Embassy, but they dotn have any status.Is there any other way to get exact status of RP card ?

-Amit
Call Migri Customer Service, they should be able to tell the exact status.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:47 am

It will take few weeks depends the country (if they can send it by post). You cannot board the plane without the RP. card unless you have a visa or you don't need a visa.

sunnyfinland

Post by sunnyfinland » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:56 am

amitrajput wrote:
Hi All,

-Amit
Did you got your RP cards?