Registration of parthership non eu citizen

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ShyLinn

Post by ShyLinn » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Hello everyone,

Im new here. And I have a couple of questions if someone can clarify them for me.
I am from Serbia, my boyfriend is from Finland. We are planning our life together by me moving to Suomi, mainly cause ofc the quality of life in Serbia isnt good. I was wondering if someone can clarify how the whole idea of registration of partnership/relationship works. I have a friend who did it in Spain. But I dont have enough information about how to do it in Finland.
We don't want to get married yet. We mainly want to be together without worrying when and how long can I be visiting and staying which is for non EU citizen max 90 days within 6 months period.
So.. if anyone can tell me if this way is possible and what is the procedure I would highly appreciate.

P.s. Im aware of looking for a job as an option too but my finnish is basic and for that I would have to be in Serbia.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Registration of parthership non eu citizen

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:51 pm

ShyLinn wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:09 pm
I was wondering if someone can clarify how the whole idea of registration of partnership/relationship works.
Registration of partnership was something for same sex couples before gender neutral marriage. It's not possible any more.

ShyLinn wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:09 pm
We don't want to get married yet. We mainly want to be together without worrying when and how long can I be visiting and staying which is for non EU citizen max 90 days within 6 months period.
You need to apply for a residence permit and satisfy one of the categories listed here.

https://migri.fi/en/i-want-a-residence-permit