Returnee in Finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Anjinha

Returnee in Finland

Post by Anjinha » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi,
I' m a finnish citizen from 1982 because my mother, that was finnish, applied for it. I passed all my summers in Finland with my family and I love it. actually I live in Rio de Janeiro and I hate this city,
i don't want my babies to grow up here. I' reading about finnish laws and I discover that I can register my babies as finnish and
i can go to Finland and enter the integration program as a returnee. someone have experienced it?
I worked some years in Spain and some years in Italy and never received unenployed money, I read that
i can pass my european working life to Finland, right?
My husband is Brazilian, I will register our marriage in the Consulate at the same time I register my babies, do you think that he will have many problems if I go to Finland 3 or 4 years before him? he is working and he want to end his career to have right to him money (he warked for 30 years) and not have to depend on any finnish help.
my babies are 14 and 15, do you think they will have many problems not speaking any finnish?
my family told me they will help in everything but when I ask this things they don't know how it work. how much money will I need to have per month to live untill I look for work? as a returnee will they offer me the language course? my finnish is poor, not good for work. do my babies will have any language course to go to compulsive school?
thank you,
anja

Returnee in Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Returnee in Finland

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:59 am

Anjinha wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:41 pm
I worked some years in Spain and some years in Italy and never received unenployed money, I read that
i can pass my european working life to Finland, right?
Yes but unless they are recent they will not make a difference now (you might have accumulated pensions to be collected later).
Anjinha wrote:
My husband is Brazilian, I will register our marriage in the Consulate at the same time I register my babies, do you think that he will have many problems if I go to Finland 3 or 4 years before him?
No.
Anjinha wrote:
my babies are 14 and 15, do you think they will have many problems not speaking any finnish?
Do they know English enough to go to school in English? Otherwise they will have a language barrier for school.
Anjinha wrote:
my family told me they will help in everything but when I ask this things they don't know how it work. how much money will I need to have per month to live untill I look for work?
It depends on location, lifestyle etc. Hard to give generic answers. You can get some idea by looking at Migri tables for families. You can get by with less but then you sacrifice in life quality.
Anjinha wrote:
as a returnee will they offer me the language course?
Probably. It depends on if it's deemed necessary for you to find work.

http://www.te-palvelut.fi/te/en/jobseek ... index.html

Anjinha

Re: Returnee in Finland

Post by Anjinha » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:10 pm

Thank you very much. I will go to Vaasa that is where actually my family lives.
I read all the information for imigrants but being finnish
I was wondering if they will consider me for the same program,
I think that they never considered a similar situation.
I will continue reading this forum that is a valuable sourse of information.
Thank you again!