LUMO rental agreement

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Christina1407

LUMO rental agreement

Post by Christina1407 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to take over a rental agreement from your roommate?
She has her name on the apartment but wants to move out and I would love to stay but I am only signed into the apartment as living there.
I am not on any official papers.

Hope anyone have tried it before :)
Christina

LUMO rental agreement

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: LUMO rental agreement

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:36 pm

Christina1407 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:18 pm
Does anyone know if it is possible to take over a rental agreement from your roommate?
She has her name on the apartment but wants to move out and I would love to stay but I am only signed into the apartment as living there.
I am not on any official papers.
Only for spouses. However, just ask LUMO and maybe they will agree to make a contract with you.
A married couple or persons living together as husband and wife without marriage (spouses) are jointly and severally liable for the obligations deriving from the lease agreement if they live together in a residential apartment leased by both spouses jointly or by one of them. If one spouse moves out, the spouse who has not leased the apartment shall continue to be liable for the obligations deriving from the lease agreement for as long as he or she lives in the apartment. Both spouses shall be given a hearing in any matter related to such apartment if this is considered necessary.
https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokse ... 950481.pdf