Biometric at Delhi after online RP submission

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
deepsudeep

Post by deepsudeep » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Hello everyone, I just joined this group since I will move to Finland soon from India.

I did my online application yesterday for a resident permit (researcher) and I was wondering if I needed an appointment from the Delhi embassy to visit them for document verification. I did send them an email but I did not get a response yet. I already booked a flight to Delhi on Monday in case they are ready to verifying the documents. Could someone please let me know if an appointment is required? If the appointment is required how long do they take to give one?

Thank you in advance!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Biometric at Delhi after online RP submission

Post by tavastia » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:39 pm

Sure you will need. You most probably cannot just walk-in, you need an appointment at the Embassy.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:09 am

deepsudeep wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:27 pm
Hello everyone, I just joined this group since I will move to Finland soon from India.

I did my online application yesterday for a resident permit (researcher) and I was wondering if I needed an appointment from the Delhi embassy to visit them for document verification. I did send them an email but I did not get a response yet. I already booked a flight to Delhi on Monday in case they are ready to verifying the documents. Could someone please let me know if an appointment is required? If the appointment is required how long do they take to give one?

Thank you in advance!
How about you just call the Finnish Embassy and ask? They can tell you exactly what the procedure will be.

deepsudeep

Post by deepsudeep » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:37 am

tavastia wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:39 pm
Sure you will need. You most probably cannot just walk-in, you need an appointment at the Embassy.
wolf80 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:09 am

How about you just call the Finnish Embassy and ask? They can tell you exactly what the procedure will be.
Thanks for replying. I just got back from the embassy this morning and they did not let me in. A little after returning from the embassy I got an email with some questions to which I replied. I did try to call the embassy on Friday but they were closed that day according to their FB post.

susheha

Post by susheha » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:23 am

you definitely required to make an appointment via email. if they have large amount of applicants you have to wait more time. so hurry up!

deepsudeep

Post by deepsudeep » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 pm

susheha wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:23 am
you definitely required to make an appointment via email. if they have large amount of applicants you have to wait more time. so hurry up!
I got an appointment on mid Nov. Is this usual to get the appointment almost after a month?

susheha

Post by susheha » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:59 pm

deepsudeep wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 pm
susheha wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:23 am
I got an appointment on mid Nov. Is this usual to get the appointment almost after a month?
yeah, as I think waiting period vary with number of applicants they have.We had to wait 2 months, and some of our friends had to wait 3 months. So make sure to bring all the required documents for them. normally you have to wait about one month of period for their final decision.

deepsudeep

Post by deepsudeep » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:05 pm

susheha wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:59 pm
yeah, as I think waiting period vary with number of applicants they have.We had to wait 2 months, and some of our friends had to wait 3 months. So make sure to bring all the required documents for them. normally you have to wait about one month of period for their final decision.
2 months wait to get an appointment? Then I do not feel so bad!

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:51 am

susheha wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:59 pm
normally you have to wait about one month of period for their final decision.
You mean decision about RP? Then I have to say "!"#¤%"...

2week up to 9 months.

4-9 months is normal!