Could you live together elsewhere than in Finland?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
jstriker0829

Post by jstriker0829 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi there,

My wife and I have been arguing about this question on RP application. She's afraid that if we answered Yes, then the Migri will deny my RP application (grounds of family ties-spouse) because we can live elsewhere. While my point is, we can live together elsewhere as a family because anywhere we go as long as we are together, we will survive plus we can go back to our home country to live there. It's just she has a regular job here in Finland and she worked hard for it. Please enlighten us on how to answer this. Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Radioactive

Re: Could you live together elsewhere than in Finland?

Post by Radioactive » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:41 am

So keep in mind I am only 1 data point, but I answered that question as a yes because my family could continue to line in the US and I just received my residence permit after about a 7 month wait. They never mentioned anything about it or had any issues with it as far as I know.

Good luck with the application!

Ozmotix

Post by Ozmotix » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:58 am

Hi,

If there are no reasons to state that you cannot live together anywhere else you should answer yes because that's the truth. If I remember correctly, if you answer no you have to give an explanation. And what explanation does your wife propose? We have answered yes and had no problems with the RP.

Rasikko

Post by Rasikko » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:45 pm

They only care that you intend to stay in Finland and that the marriage is genuine and not just a way to trick the system into getting an RP. Answer yes. You'll likely get interviewed anyway and the answers to their questions will give them an idea of your intentions. Take the honest road with the application. Don't lie about anything.

Once you get the RP, yes it is ok to live elsewhere, but they care how LONG you'll be gone and this will hurt any renewal process you need to do, since it'll be clear to them, that you don't want to stay in Finland.