Over a month Delay with RP for Studies

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Bunmiemich

Post by Bunmiemich » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:04 am

Hi Guys, I'm in a big dilemma here,
I'm applying for Resident Permit for Studies.
Below is the status flow of my application:
Application submitted: 30th May 2014
Application innitiated: 3rd of July 2014
Application being Processed on the 7th of
July 2014.
Supprisingly, my application has been stuck on being processed ever since. On the 16th of July 2014, I received a request to clarify my source of funds which I did (same documents I had uploaded on the 4th of July after my visit to the embassy), I replied to the supplement request on the 18th of July.
Expecting that would be end of it, I got
another supplement request again on the
31st of July 2014, this time I was asked to upload my University transcript, I uploaded this immediately but still there hasn't been any change in my status.
Considering the fact that people whom we
applied together have gotten theirs for
more than two weeks now, I would like to
kno what you guys think I should do and
what my chances are towards getting my
permit.
Your contributions are highly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

alexilaiho

Re: Over a month Delay with RP for Studies

Post by alexilaiho » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:45 pm

same here and i sympathise, 1 month and still nothing,but if you want my opinion,they don't refuse RP without a reason,and they need a really good one,if you have nothing to hide,you have nothing to be afraid of.

rinso

Post by rinso » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Two requests for more information doesn't sound good.
I received a request to clarify my source of funds
this time I was asked to upload my University transcript
You should carefully check if you supplied all the information and if you fulfill all the requirements.
The fact that they didn't rubberstamp your application means there was something funny/missing that they are worried about.
For now you can only wait.

Bunmiemich

Post by Bunmiemich » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:29 pm

thanks for your reply guys, I'm very confident I submitted all required documents probably even more because I had someone guiding me on how to arrange my application documents - Hes a student in my sch of admission. I just had to come here because of the delay and two request for supplements.
I was 100 percent plain and truthful with my application, neither did I hid anything. I guess I'll just calm down and see out the week then

rinso

Post by rinso » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:04 am

probably even more because I had someone guiding me on how to arrange my application documents
so own initiative outside of the procedures. that creates confusion and confusion means delays.

Bunmiemich

Post by Bunmiemich » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Actually, most of the documents I submitted were related to my sponsor's sources of funds/businesses But I still don't get their request for my Transcript as this is the only time I'm hearing/experiencing such.

onkko

Post by onkko » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:51 pm

Bunmiemich wrote:Actually, most of the documents I submitted were related to my sponsor's sources of funds/businesses But I still don't get their request for my Transcript as this is the only time I'm hearing/experiencing such.
There is no sponsors in finnish law, one case went thru where siblings deposited money and even in there one who applied had sole control of funds etc but in generally there isnt.
You either have money or not, other people or their income are irrelevant.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Bunmiemich wrote:Actually, most of the documents I submitted were related to my sponsor's sources of funds/businesses But I still don't get their request for my Transcript as this is the only time I'm hearing/experiencing such.
To quote people who decide your application: "Sponsorship agreements provided by relatives, friends or employers are not acceptable."
http://www.migri.fi/studying_in_finland ... of_support
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Bunmiemich

Post by Bunmiemich » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:11 am

I do have over 8000 euros in my personal account - I had to include my sponsor's documents as a proof of source of the funds in my account. So thats what that is about.
I think the only issue I have with migri is the request for University transcript and also waiting for over two weeks after I had replied their initial request for supplement before asking for my transcript. Now its over a week since I uploaded my transcript and there is still no change in my status in the e-services.

Bunmiemich

Post by Bunmiemich » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:41 am

Got my RP today, thanks guys

muyismile

Post by muyismile » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Bunmiemich wrote:Got my RP today, thanks guys
Congrats !!!

Hi there, Did you get the email about your resident permit yesterday that is is positive or got the actual resident permit card yesterday ? When did your status on the eService changed to " the decision on my application has been made" ?

Bunmiemich

Post by Bunmiemich » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:15 pm

I got the email and at the same time, my status changed online. I'll be receiving the plastic card this week though.

Meshack697

Post by Meshack697 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:11 pm

I have the same problem
My RP for studies has been in progress for over 1 month after replying to a supplement request. I don't know how long it will take for a decision to be made.
In your case how long did it take?

Sharmasonu

Post by Sharmasonu » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:55 am

Hi, guys I have applied my applicaton on 3 August 2018 and in September I was ask additional documents, I submitted additional on 27 sep ever since it was in progress, I have not got decision still now...
Anyone have got idea..

Sharmasonu

Post by Sharmasonu » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:58 am

Did you get your decision?