Invitation Letters 2009

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Vesper

Invitation Letters 2009

Post by Vesper » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:05 pm

I guess the exam invitation letters will start being mail out on March 13th and onward. (taken from JAMK website)
... plus the long delivery time. :envelope:

:clock: I'm too impatient... :?

Invitation Letters 2009

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

pikkupeikkomyy

Re: Invitation Letters 2009

Post by pikkupeikkomyy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:09 am

Don't worry :P if you demonstrated your eligibility; sent all papers needed you're going to receive your invitation. Why to be inpatient? Use time for prepearing to test :D than you probably realise that March or even April is kinda soon....too soon :D Anyway which degree program you applied?

Vesper

Post by Vesper » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:29 am

I'm too eager to know if I'm going to move this summer or not. I really want to move back to Finland. :ochesey: I got invited last year & passed the exam, but did not move. dumb, huh? I only applied to Turku University of Applied Sciences for International Business. I have an idea of what to expect but whether they used the same reading material as last year is questionable. did you apply? or do you attend a uas?

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:41 am

I was actually wondering myself about the invitation letters. Not one in my mailbox. I'm thinking the worse.

I also don't know about the examination. Do they organize just an interview or there's some materials i should be reading and i don't know about it?! Hm.
Free your mind and the rest will follow!

pikkupeikkomyy

Post by pikkupeikkomyy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Stay calm jazzori :D They didn't even send that letters yet so how could you receive it already :D I also applied to International businnes but my school of first choise is Tampere. Im really scared because i don't know what to expect :| I read that pre-reading materials over and over again...Nice to hear that you took the test last year, is that true that test questions are really detailed? How much time we'll have to write an essay?

Vesper

Post by Vesper » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:39 pm

:wink:
Last edited by Vesper on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pikkupeikkomyy

Post by pikkupeikkomyy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:50 pm

Ou, thank you! I didn't expect such a long, helpful reply :D You can't imagine how comforting it was to hear about your expirience! I printed materials the very first day it was published and since than i read it everyday : )) Well, it's really long but i belive it's all about finding improtant informations among rubbish : )) Text about sustainability include maybe 5 pages of useful stuffs, rest is crazy; some surnames, quotations, all the time the same and the same. I can't really imagine how they could invent any kind of detailed question if there's not too much specific informations. Anyway i'm gonna check it out soon :)

P.S I used to live in Turku :) but i didn't like it at all :mrgreen: (sorry for offtopic!)

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:39 pm

Hello friends. :ochesey:

My name is Serena,18 years old and I'm an Italian girl who is struggling with last high school year right now.

My idea would be to apply for AMKs next year, in spring 2010.

My first option would be absolutely Metropolia business school in Helsinki - double degree in European Business Administration, and TAMK as well.
I spent my whole summer in Tampere as au pair and I fell in love with the town.
I even visited the polytechnic and talked with the director of the international business programme.
I really liked the atmosphere and everything.

I'd like to give a bit of my help to all you who will try hard to get admitted this year.
All I can tell you is to brush up some basic maths, in case you have finished high school a few years ago and you have some doubts.
Then it's all about logical exercises and you can't do much but use your brain properly. :lightbulb: :lol:
I heard there is usually also an interview part where you really have to show you are interested in the school and determined.
They are looking for the right people to study in the school, so do your best. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I want to thank Vesper for the precious information.
Thank you so much. :star: :star: :star:

I would have killed you, when I read that you didn't accept the study place last year, hahah. :lol: :lol:
I'm just joking, you must have had your good motivations, but still.... :wink: :wink: Ehehe :)
But I'm sure this year you will pass the exam with closed eyes. :wink:

Where are you guys applying this year, from? :D
I'm curious!

And, may I ask you a question.
Concerning documents to send.... You sent an authorised copy ( not the real original one ) of the high school diploma, English proficiency certificate if needed, and.. whatelse?
Transcript of records of last high school year ?!?! I haven't understood if they need that.
Usually for foreign students it's all based on entrance examinations and they won't calculate your school records.
I was just wondering....

All the best to all of you!!!
I'm sure you'll rock at the entry tests!! YAYYYYYYY! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Love from Italy :rainbow:
... I miss Finland ...

pikkupeikkomyy

Post by pikkupeikkomyy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:17 pm

I am from Poland :) What you have to send are just copies of all documents needed. I sent both: polish documents and translations. Just remember to take with you orginal papers because you will be asked to show them... otherwise they won't let you to take an exam! I agree that Tampere is a great town, i feel in love also :) I visited many finnish cities but it was my #1!

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:45 pm

Wow.. Poland!!! :ochesey:

Yeah thanks for writing! :D I appreciated it much!

Oh... ok, now I know something more.
So when I go to the exam I will have to bring all those original documents... the original diploma.. and so on.

And about the translations, since I will go to London after my graduation, for a couple of months to improve my English, I will ask to an authorised translator to translate those documents to English.....

But.. just one last question... Your documents were just photocopies, or they were like original... Like you went to an institution to get an official stamp, signature, testifing those copies were like real ones?!

Ok, I have finished disturbing youuuuu :lol:
... I miss Finland ...

pikkupeikkomyy

Post by pikkupeikkomyy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Disturbing me? :mrgreen: Don't worry. How do you thing i got all of this informtaions :wink: ASKING ASKING and one more time ASKING :D Now is my time for pay back :mrgreen:
I sent them just photocopies without stamps or signatures, i got an e-mail that everything is fine and now i am just waiting for my invitation letter :)

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Oh cool, so they even sent you an email saying they got documents and everything :thumbsup:
One of my biggest fears is that documents might not arrive at the admission office, hahaah.
We really have bad episodes of lost mails here in Italy. :thumbsdown:
Postal system sucks.
But I know that in Finland everything is completely different. :lol:
... I miss Finland ...

pikkupeikkomyy

Post by pikkupeikkomyy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Seraba wrote:Oh cool, so they even sent you an email saying they got documents and everything :thumbsup:
One of my biggest fears is that documents might not arrive at the admission office, hahaah. :lol:
OMG it was also my biggest fear! That's why i sent documents the first day possible. I planned to call them after two weeks and ask if they got my papers, than i would re-send them if they hadn't. Luckly in 1.5 week i recived comforting e-mail, they have such a nice system in Finland :) You can be sure that everything will be fine!

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:27 pm

Oh someone who understands me! :lightbulb:
You know what, I was even thinking about bringing them personally.
I'd like to have a quick visit in Helsinki in January-February and this way I would have a chance to visit the school for example... :mrgreen: And see a bit how things are around... hahah!
We will see!
Have a nice weekend

Ps: Read my pm? :wink: :wink: :wink:
... I miss Finland ...

Vesper

Post by Vesper » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:00 am

pikkupeikkomyy wrote:
Seraba wrote:Oh cool, so they even sent you an email saying they got documents and everything :thumbsup:
One of my biggest fears is that documents might not arrive at the admission office, hahaah. :lol:
OMG it was also my biggest fear! That's why i sent documents the first day possible. I planned to call them after two weeks and ask if they got my papers, than i would re-send them if they hadn't. Luckly in 1.5 week i recived comforting e-mail, they have such a nice system in Finland :) You can be sure that everything will be fine!
seriously I know what you both mean. :lol: I'm still expecting the worse... I had my town hall send my photocopy of my certificate, then I wasn't sure if they received it. So I sent a photocopy from my house. When I ask TUAS, at first they said they only received my transcipts... then a half hour passed, they wrote me back saying they received my final certicate photocopy and everything seems to be ok! I'm still weary about it all, but I still bought a plane ticket 3 weeks ago. :ochesey:

Oh I didn't take it last year because my ex-boyfriend broke up with me when I told him the good news. :x I was broken hearted, and though it would be a mistake to move to Finland with a clouded-head. Now, I know I'm an idiot for passing up such a great opportunity.

oh yeah! the written part of the exam is about 2 hours, then an hour for a lunch break before they start the interviews.

There were a lot of Finns applying for the program, I'm not sure if they can apply for both english and finnish degrees at the same time. (Good for us, if their first choice degree is in Finnish!) After everyone signs in, they print a schedule for the interviews in groups of 4. I counted about 135-140 ppl showed up to the exam. Some didn't show up to the interview. Depending on other applicant's 1st choice degree program, you can get an idea of what your chances are to getting into your first choice program. I remember over hearing a girl applying for a nursing degree as 1st choice and using the international degree as her back-up. So, she wasn't my direct competition. :wink: