Invitation Letters 2009

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Pursuivant

Re: Invitation Letters 2009

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:12 am

Ah, theres sometimes people who want to go in the university, but if you cannot get in then you need to have applied somewhere, as if you are under 25 you need to apply for schools and not be admitted to get any unemployent benefit. So they apply for the polytechnics to have their ass covered. It takes maybe 2-3 times and a lot of prep courses to get into say law or medicine.

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Pursuivant, I totally got your point. :ohno:
The situation is pretty similar here in Italy too.
As you said, being admitted in a faculty such as medicine or law requires a lot of work and not everyone will manage to pass the entry test.
So those who haven't been admitted, must do something else... even if that's not what they really wanted to do...
... I miss Finland ...

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:47 pm

Vesper wrote:
pikkupeikkomyy wrote:
Seraba wrote:Oh cool, so they even sent you an email saying they got documents and everything :thumbsup:
One of my biggest fears is that documents might not arrive at the admission office, hahaah. :lol:
OMG it was also my biggest fear! That's why i sent documents the first day possible. I planned to call them after two weeks and ask if they got my papers, than i would re-send them if they hadn't. Luckly in 1.5 week i recived comforting e-mail, they have such a nice system in Finland :) You can be sure that everything will be fine!
seriously I know what you both mean. :lol: I'm still expecting the worse... I had my town hall send my photocopy of my certificate, then I wasn't sure if they received it. So I sent a photocopy from my house. When I ask TUAS, at first they said they only received my transcipts... then a half hour passed, they wrote me back saying they received my final certicate photocopy and everything seems to be ok! I'm still weary about it all, but I still bought a plane ticket 3 weeks ago. :ochesey:

Oh I didn't take it last year because my ex-boyfriend broke up with me when I told him the good news. :x I was broken hearted, and though it would be a mistake to move to Finland with a clouded-head. Now, I know I'm an idiot for passing up such a great opportunity.

oh yeah! the written part of the exam is about 2 hours, then an hour for a lunch break before they start the interviews.

There were a lot of Finns applying for the program, I'm not sure if they can apply for both english and finnish degrees at the same time. (Good for us, if their first choice degree is in Finnish!) After everyone signs in, they print a schedule for the interviews in groups of 4. I counted about 135-140 ppl showed up to the exam. Some didn't show up to the interview. Depending on other applicant's 1st choice degree program, you can get an idea of what your chances are to getting into your first choice program. I remember over hearing a girl applying for a nursing degree as 1st choice and using the international degree as her back-up. So, she wasn't my direct competition. :wink:
Ahaha, seems like we all share the same fears, hihi. :ochesey:

Oh, I totally understand you. Poor you. :( It must have been a difficult moment. What a boy. :( You didn't deserve someone like him! Chin up!

Ahaha, I heard a similar story too.
This summer I met a girl who was currently studying at TAMK, but that was her last choice.
She was interested in something like phisioterapist but couldn't make it and was accepted in International Business programme.
I mean, wow, really the same kind of field!!!!! O_____o :DDD

Ps: Vesper! I'd like to contact you through private messages but I am not allowed to send you messages since you didn't put the option of receiving pms!
Please fix your profile :DDD Kiitosssss... ;) <3
... I miss Finland ...

missie

Post by missie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:21 pm

Guyz, I have a question about interviews. Will they ask questions about business topics, economical news, Finland's economics?

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:53 am

Oh yes, Missie's question is pretty interesting!
I think the best one who can tell us more could be Vesper ! :thumbsup:
From what I heard , they usually ask why you think you should be chosen for that programme, your expectations, your goals.. I hope not something too specific about business and such matters..

If anyone knows something more.... you know what to do!! ;))))

Thanks guyssss :)

Kisses

Serena
... I miss Finland ...

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:05 pm

pikkupeikkomyy wrote:
Seraba wrote:Oh cool, so they even sent you an email saying they got documents and everything :thumbsup:
One of my biggest fears is that documents might not arrive at the admission office, hahaah. :lol:
OMG it was also my biggest fear! That's why i sent documents the first day possible. I planned to call them after two weeks and ask if they got my papers, than i would re-send them if they hadn't. Luckly in 1.5 week i recived comforting e-mail, they have such a nice system in Finland :) You can be sure that everything will be fine!
I haven't got one... I am now feeling so unsure... But I also sent a letter at one of the first days...I have got only a letter of confirmation that my application was entered..

Woah...

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Hey Forest girl, you said you got a letter a confirmation...
If you have applied through the joint system ( so this means you had to chose 4 schools ) then I think you will just receive the confirmation from the polytechnic of your first choice....
Things are different if you sent documents to different schools...
... I miss Finland ...

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Seraba wrote:Hey Forest girl, you said you got a letter a confirmation...
If you have applied through the joint system ( so this means you had to chose 4 schools ) then I think you will just receive the confirmation from the polytechnic of your first choice....
Ah. Yes, I applied through the joint system. I chose one school, but 4 different degree programmes. So what do you think? - Should I wait for the invitation letters from each of the degree programmes and all? :)

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:34 pm

forest_girl wrote:
Ah. Yes, I applied through the joint system. I chose one school, but 4 different degree programmes. So what do you think? - Should I wait for the invitation letters from each of the degree programmes and all? :)
Sorry for my deply replying to your question!
Well, it all depends if you applied to programmes which are different.
I mean, if you chose 4 different polytechnics but in the same field, such as International Business, then you will just do the exam in the polytechnic of your first choice. So that's why you got one letter.
But tell me more precisely.. So that I will understand better. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
... I miss Finland ...

Rabs

Post by Rabs » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:27 am

Seraba wrote:
forest_girl wrote:
Sorry for my deply replying to your question!
Well, it all depends if you applied to programmes which are different.
I mean, if you chose 4 different polytechnics but in the same field, such as International Business, then you will just do the exam in the polytechnic of your first choice. So that's why you got one letter.
But tell me more precisely.. So that I will understand better. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
hän sanoi että (some :beer_yum: :D ) she applied for four different programs at one polytechnics i.e. e.g. nursing, business, IT, chemical programs in Haaga-Helgia. for forest.girl, ya meanwhile all you do is wait and come to think of it, you are in deep jungle with having to prepare for 4 different programs...but anyway once you get the letter/s, you'd better prioritize as the entrance exam of all programs at the polytechnics might take place at the same time.

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:32 pm

Omg, what a poor figure!
Sorry! I replied last night and I was already in the world of dreams, haha!
I didn't realise she had written that...
Ahahah sorry !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
... I miss Finland ...

aguinness

Post by aguinness » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:40 am

HAMK (Hämeenlinna) invitation letters dated March 13 arrived locally in Hämeenlinna today March 16.
Image Image

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Oh good for you! :thumbsup:
Which programmes did you apply for?

I suppose you are Irish, aren't you? 8)

Wow nice.. Always wanted to visit your country...

So now you are already in Finland.. what are you doing? I guess preparing for exams.... ? :lightbulb:

Byebye from Italy,
... I miss Finland ...

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Seraba wrote:Omg, what a poor figure!
Sorry! I replied last night and I was already in the world of dreams, haha!
I didn't realise she had written that...
Ahahah sorry !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey ;)

No, that's fine :) I have already got two invitation letters, but one (or two) are missing yet. Well, I have applied to the Haaga-Helia campus in Pasila with two programmes (Intern.Business and Multilingual Manag. Assistants) and campus in Haaga with another two programmes of Wellness Management and Hotel, Toursim, Restaurant Management. Those letters from Haaga campus are still missing. I wonder if I get them or not. I have a thought that when I sent my eligibility documents (school certificates) I should have sent two different copies, as one to Pasila campus and one to Haaga campus. But I sent only to Pasila campus, Admission Office.. well, in the webpage they did not say that I should send one to Haaga campus separately in order to apply for Haaga campus programmes. Even that, I am worried a little.

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Mmm, that sounds weird, but after all.. it's always the same school! Haaga Helia...! Mmm...
If you want to feel a little better, maybe you should try to contact the Admissions office...
There might be just a delay...

And... oh, Multilingual Manag. Assistants... I was thinking about applying to that programme as well.
It sounds pretty cool... but if I understood right, there's an entrance test of a second language, isn't there?!
And well.. I should choose french.... Which is not my favourite language but.. I would have no choice....

What are you going to choose?! And is it like a grammar exam or... ?!! Maybe you know something... :thumbsup:

Thanksss!
... I miss Finland ...