Invitation Letters 2009

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
r32

Re: Invitation Letters 2009

Post by r32 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:14 am

Vesper wrote:not sure if it depends on the university, but score of 69 or higher for turku - Int.Bus. I remember the test stated a min of 5 points had to be earned on the essay to continue with the test, :? I hope they liked what I wrote.. haha.
I am still wondering why the minimum points are 30 so you can go on in the admission process, when actually you can't do anything with 30 points. If last year in Turku, the minimum was 69, the I guess that without at least 60 points you can't hope for anything...
In Denmark and Sweden, and if I remember well, also in Norway, for programmes like International Business, you get accepted to the university only based on your high school grades and baccalaureate diploma, you don't take any exam.
I find it a bit funny that you have to take an entrance exam for International Business...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Vesper

Post by Vesper » Wed May 20, 2009 2:29 am

I guess if they do not have 40 applicants who score a 69 or higher than they might take applicants below the score. I wonder how they give out points based on the interview. I mean, you can pass everything else, but it really comes down to the points earned in the interview. It's kind of shady, do you get points for showing up to the interview, speaking english, or is it all based upon one's answers. :?:
are the programs free in those countries?

onkko

Post by onkko » Wed May 20, 2009 5:09 am

Minimum points are there to remove those who clearly arent fit in that school. Points needed to get in school depends how well applicants do and how many places there are, they take best. If they select 15 and last selected got e.g. 72 points then limit was 72 points, if it was 50 points then limit was 50 points.
And interview is there to check you also understand spoken english and can speak fluent enough english.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

r32

Post by r32 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:55 am

Vesper wrote:I guess if they do not have 40 applicants who score a 69 or higher than they might take applicants below the score. I wonder how they give out points based on the interview. I mean, you can pass everything else, but it really comes down to the points earned in the interview. It's kind of shady, do you get points for showing up to the interview, speaking english, or is it all based upon one's answers. :?:
Yes, the programmes are free in Sweden and Denmark, if you are coming from EU. Don't know so much about Norway, but it might be quite similar.
I can tell you that the interview thing is really strange. Asian students and African students don't even come to Finland for the exam, they take it in their home country, so I am wondering what happens with their interview points?... :roll:

pseudo

Post by pseudo » Wed May 20, 2009 11:25 am

r32 wrote:
Vesper wrote:I guess if they do not have 40 applicants who score a 69 or higher than they might take applicants below the score. I wonder how they give out points based on the interview. I mean, you can pass everything else, but it really comes down to the points earned in the interview. It's kind of shady, do you get points for showing up to the interview, speaking english, or is it all based upon one's answers. :?:
Yes, the programmes are free in Sweden and Denmark, if you are coming from EU. Don't know so much about Norway, but it might be quite similar.
I can tell you that the interview thing is really strange. Asian students and African students don't even come to Finland for the exam, they take it in their home country, so I am wondering what happens with their interview points?... :roll:
"Those are my principles, if you don't like them.... well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

r32

Post by r32 » Wed May 20, 2009 3:41 pm

pseudo wrote:
r32 wrote:
Are you trying to say something? Speak, don't be shy :P

pseudo

Post by pseudo » Thu May 21, 2009 9:11 am

r32 wrote:
pseudo wrote:
r32 wrote:
Are you trying to say something? Speak, don't be shy :P
A small clue suffices to the bright lot. Hell, when someone aims for low and is still afraid to miss it , "Any idea what is the lowest score that still keeps your dreams alive?", I should've been convinced that you aren't among the bright lot anyway. :ochesey:
"Those are my principles, if you don't like them.... well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

whiethat1

Post by whiethat1 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:14 am

Hi

I have receive my admission letter to Bayesian statistics in Helsinki university I just wanted to know is anyone here going to the same program or knows what to expect from this program I'm really happy about my getting a place and just wanted to know what it actually means to study in this university

Thanks

Vesper

Post by Vesper » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:55 am

:star: did anyone get a UAS admissions letter yet??? If so, where from?

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:19 am

Vesper wrote::star: did anyone get a UAS admissions letter yet??? If so, where from?
I ve got it on 1st of June. Haaga-Helia accepted me as a student ;) Int. Business Bachelor ;) and you?

Vesper

Post by Vesper » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:37 am

that's great! don't pass it up. :wink: yeah, I haven't heard yet, but I do not think I'm one of the top 40-50 this year. I should have put other choices down instead of one. oh well, the autumn application process is short, plus I have a ticket to a concert in Helsinki during the entrance exam time. So, it makes it worthwhile to fly there again.

blue_berry_kiss

Post by blue_berry_kiss » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:34 pm

I got the place for JAMK´s Music and Media Management and Haaga-Helia´s Multilingual Management Assistant =). I will take the place in JAMK...wiii <3

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:40 pm

Vesper wrote:that's great! don't pass it up. :wink: yeah, I haven't heard yet, but I do not think I'm one of the top 40-50 this year. I should have put other choices down instead of one. oh well, the autumn application process is short, plus I have a ticket to a concert in Helsinki during the entrance exam time. So, it makes it worthwhile to fly there again.
Yeah, you have made a mistake, not writing any other DP in your choices :) I had three entrance examinations to four DPs in the same Haaga Helia, I would have been accepted to all of them looking at the scores, but I am really happy to be accepted to my first choice ;)
So you didn't get a letter yet or what?

pikkupeikkomyy

Post by pikkupeikkomyy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:53 pm

Vesper wrote::star: did anyone get a UAS admissions letter yet??? If so, where from?
Me and my husband got accepted to TAMK int.business :)) We're gonna be classmates, is that odd? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:08 am

blue_berry_kiss wrote:I got the place for JAMK´s Music and Media Management and Haaga-Helia´s Multilingual Management Assistant =). I will take the place in JAMK...wiii <3

Hey :)
First of all, congratulations!

I do have a doubt anyway... If you applied through the joint application and you can choose up to 4 programmes... and you can admitted to just one of the programme... why then you mentioned that you got a study place for two programmes? Sorry, I might have understood right or I might not know yet that well all the rules and so on.. But I'd be grateful if you could explain me a bit.. since.... next year it will be my turn, yayyy :D
Thank you. :)
... I miss Finland ...