Invitation Letters 2009

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Suitengu

Re: Invitation Letters 2009

Post by Suitengu » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:08 pm

forest_girl wrote:
Vesper wrote::star: did anyone get a UAS admissions letter yet??? If so, where from?
I ve got it on 1st of June. Haaga-Helia accepted me as a student ;) Int. Business Bachelor ;) and you?
So you're my future groupmate, I suppose. Nice to meetcha. :)

Got accepted by Haaga as well.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

pikkupeikkomyy

Post by pikkupeikkomyy » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Haaga in Porvoo or in Helsinki :) Im just curious

Suitengu

Post by Suitengu » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Pasila. :)

Vesper

Post by Vesper » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Seraba wrote:
blue_berry_kiss wrote:I got the place for JAMK´s Music and Media Management and Haaga-Helia´s Multilingual Management Assistant =). I will take the place in JAMK...wiii <3

Hey :)
First of all, congratulations!

I do have a doubt anyway... If you applied through the joint application and you can choose up to 4 programmes... and you can admitted to just one of the programme... why then you mentioned that you got a study place for two programmes? Sorry, I might have understood right or I might not know yet that well all the rules and so on.. But I'd be grateful if you could explain me a bit.. since.... next year it will be my turn, yayyy :D
Thank you. :)
I'm wondering the same thing...

If you pick 4 different degree programmes, you get to choose your choice? let's say if you pass all the exams and make the cut for nursing, IT, Int. Business, and tourism, you get the choose which placement you want?

Is it, you cannot choose which UAS if you pick 4 programmes for International Business. It automatically puts you in your 1st choice if you pass?

or

like Seraba said, 4 programmes and only admitted into one program?

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:47 pm

Maybe I will clear out things a little bit for you guys... As for me, I have chosen Int. Business as the 1st option, and I have been accepted to it, so I have a right to go only for this programme, because it was my 1st choice. By the way, i've got enough score on every other entrance examination, but I cannot go there, because they were my 2nd, 3rd or 4th choices. But for example, if you do not get accepted for your 1st choice, but get accepted for the 2nd, then you can either confirm the 2nd choice programme or having this place send a letter that you want stay in a row for your 1st choice programme. Anyways, if you don't get accepted to your 1st choice, you have a right to start your 2nd choice programme :)

So maybe that girl put the programme on a row list.. but she shouldn't know it yet whether she is going to be accepted or not. Let's see what she answers :) (or maybe she just thought that she chose something :lol: )
Suitengu wrote:
forest_girl wrote:I ve got it on 1st of June. Haaga-Helia accepted me as a student ;) Int. Business Bachelor ;) and you?
So you're my future groupmate, I suppose. Nice to meetcha. :)
Nice to meet you too! Where are you from?/nationality/score? :) I am so excited to meet my groupmates :)
Are you staying in Finland? :) You can also answer me with PM.

blue_berry_kiss

Post by blue_berry_kiss » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Actually I knew what I was writing, but I thought it is clear to everyone how the system goes ;)...so Music and Media Management was my first choice and i got in and of course I will study it =)...I just was so happy about hearing the fact that I was scoring for Haaga-Helia too, because there had been over 200 ppl applying for it...sorry if someone did understand anything wrong and got upset by it

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:42 am

blue_berry_kiss wrote:Actually I knew what I was writing, but I thought it is clear to everyone how the system goes ;)...so Music and Media Management was my first choice and i got in and of course I will study it =)...I just was so happy about hearing the fact that I was scoring for Haaga-Helia too, because there had been over 200 ppl applying for it...sorry if someone did understand anything wrong and got upset by it
That's right, you didn't mention Music and Mngment as your 1st choice before :) Actually I also took Multilingual Management Assistant exam and there wasn't so many people this time :) In my opinion, it was around 150 :P

dmd

Re: Invitation Letters 09 Reserve / Waitlisted?

Post by dmd » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Reserve / Waitlisted Question:
Need to know whom to ask about likelihood of acceptance from the reserve list for Haaga-Helia Degree Programme in International Business.
This was the #2 option. A confirmation letter of acceptance for option #3 Laurea Degree Programme in Business was received.
Same letter lists for Haaga-Helia : Placement 100 and Number admitted 75.
Is there any probability at #100 for an acceptance at HH to come by the August 20th date ?
Is it dependent on point score? : Points 59 and Lowest Admittance 63

Cannot figure this one out.
The admissions office has not answered the telephone.
To whom would this question be addressed?

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Place in hand is better than waiting list in the bush.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

forest_girl

Re: Invitation Letters 09 Reserve / Waitlisted?

Post by forest_girl » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:18 pm

dmd wrote:Reserve / Waitlisted Question:
Need to know whom to ask about likelihood of acceptance from the reserve list for Haaga-Helia Degree Programme in International Business.
This was the #2 option. A confirmation letter of acceptance for option #3 Laurea Degree Programme in Business was received.
Same letter lists for Haaga-Helia : Placement 100 and Number admitted 75.
Is there any probability at #100 for an acceptance at HH to come by the August 20th date ?
Is it dependent on point score? : Points 59 and Lowest Admittance 63

Cannot figure this one out.
The admissions office has not answered the telephone.
To whom would this question be addressed?
I doubt it could pass, you better keep in hand what you've got. You are too far away, if your ar 100th place and they took 75.
But you should call the admissions office, it normally is open 9-15 on weekdays. so call in that time, they should answer.

Vesper

Post by Vesper » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:21 pm

I'm on a waiting list for TUAS, position number 79. I guess they take in about 40-50 placements. Admissions told me it's unlikely to pass in an email. I have no idea what my score was since she didn't tell me. I rather make it in the top 50 placements than be stuck on a waiting list all summer. It would suck to find out I got accepted in August & move overseas in a matter of 2-3 weeks. I highly doubt it will pass. I'm looking forward to the Jan. 2010 enrollment.

dmd, your position number reflects your score. Unless 25 student (who had an equal or higher score than you) drop out by the end of August. You might have a chance of getting admitted, but it's unlikely that a 1/3 of the admitted students will reject their placement. Either you can hope all the foreign students somehow get their R.P. rejected & cannot come up with the 6,000 euros or take the placement at Laurea UAS, then transfer to Haaga-Helia. you should look into the infomation on transfering within the UAS on their website, before making that decision.

r32

Post by r32 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:21 am

Suitengu wrote:Pasila. :)
One of my friends got accepted also in Passila. Where are you guys from?

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:31 pm

r32 wrote:
Suitengu wrote:Pasila. :)
One of my friends got accepted also in Passila. Where are you guys from?
I am from Lithuania and Suitengu is from Latvia (I hope he is not angry for me to have said this :D ). By the way, is your friend finnish or some other foreigner? :)