TOEFL score report delivery estimate?

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
farhad

Re: TOEFL score report delivery estimate?

Post by farhad » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Dear All,

I just called Metropolia university and they answered me my TOEFL report reached there last week!

I took my TOEFL iBT test on 12 Jan 2013
ETS told me they sent my report on 23 Jan 2013

I'm so happy :)
I wish for you guys this happens too.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

A DIOW

Post by A DIOW » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:12 pm

I'm now facing with the same crisis as you and I just want to disappear for a while.
However, I have no chance to waste time on suffering or blaming myself.
I'm running out of time and I have to work it out as soon as possible.
So,be cheerful and keep fightinhg.

Poor me T_T!!

samischola

Post by samischola » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:47 pm

I can't believe it .. I mean ETS write on their site that test score result will be delivered 4 days after request. My deadline for scholarship submission ends on that 4 days, so it is not going to take more than that. Oh .. how fool i am, all my work for this scholarship will be wasted??? :beamer:

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Well, ETS is now in crisis mode :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26024375
http://www.studyin-uk.com/blog/2014/02/ ... ith-si-uk/

According to that report (and many more - just Google ETS TOEFL Panorama) TOEFL is no longer being recognised in the UK and I guess a lot of universities around the world will be taking a similar approach. It might be a better idea to take IELTS (if you can get a test date) and ask the university you are applying to, to wait for your result, given the current situation.

OK so this year there really is a problem due to the UK's decision to refuse ETS/TOEFL certificates but, every year - every year - students wake up too late, enrol for the exam too late and then panic they can't get their results in time.

Message to applicants: if you are planning to apply for a university place, enrol for an English level test at least 3-6 months in advance. Take time to prepare for the exam (eg for IELTS once you have enrolled you are given access to free online materials for exam preparation), take an exam prep course if you think you need it (especially if you are in the B1/B2 range of proficiency). And if the worst happens and you don't get the level you need, you'll still have time to re-sit the exam. Don't leave it all until the last minute!!!

PvZ2

Post by PvZ2 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:28 pm

I took toefl in Vantaa last Jan. 17 and exactly 10 days later, i got my electronic result. A week after that I contacted the admission and yes, they can view the result directly from toefl website. I just told them of my ETS ID. Two weeks ago i called again and they confirm that i got all necessary papers for admission. I have no problem in the delivery of report, it's just their test center is so small and the headset are open so you can clearly hear the outside noise, thus losing my focus. tsk .

Hippo

Post by Hippo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:56 pm

Rosamunda wrote:Well, ETS is now in crisis mode :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26024375
http://www.studyin-uk.com/blog/2014/02/ ... ith-si-uk/

According to that report (and many more - just Google ETS TOEFL Panorama) TOEFL is no longer being recognised in the UK and I guess a lot of universities around the world will be taking a similar approach. It might be a better idea to take IELTS (if you can get a test date) and ask the university you are applying to, to wait for your result, given the current situation.

OK so this year there really is a problem due to the UK's decision to refuse ETS/TOEFL certificates but, every year - every year - students wake up too late, enrol for the exam too late and then panic they can't get their results in time.

Message to applicants: if you are planning to apply for a university place, enrol for an English level test at least 3-6 months in advance. Take time to prepare for the exam (eg for IELTS once you have enrolled you are given access to free online materials for exam preparation), take an exam prep course if you think you need it (especially if you are in the B1/B2 range of proficiency). And if the worst happens and you don't get the level you need, you'll still have time to re-sit the exam. Don't leave it all until the last minute!!!
I am kind of having difficulty grasping reasons why people still go to study in the UK when with good application preparation you can get superior education for free in Finland, Norway (ok, not really) or Germany.
Last edited by Hippo on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hippo

Post by Hippo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Is it the language?

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:32 pm

...or Scotland, or France.

My post was not specifically about studying in the UK. Even if someone wants to study in Finland (in English) they still need to take an English level test. And a lot of candidates just leave it way too late to enrol.

But to answer your question, yes, I guess it is partly because there is a huge range of courses on offer in English. And also it is pretty easy to get in if you can afford the fees and/or get a loan. There are so many universities and so many courses on offer, if someone is desperate to get into the UK, they will eventually find a place on a course somewhere, doing something.